"Before and After" pics

NorCal

World Formula Motor! I bet that thing rips!

Is it just me, or does seeing a Predator motor on a classis mini bike a little upsetting? I newer Briggs like an Animal or World Formula, I dig it. But a Predator motor from China? (even though they are great motors)

Please don’t take this a dig, cause these builds are inspiring.

Last edited:

Midyrman

World Formula Motor! I bet that thing rips!

Is it just me, or does seeing a Predator motor on a classis mini bike a little upsetting? I newer Briggs like an Animal or World Formula, I dig it. But a Predator motor from China? (even though they are great motors)

Please don’t take this a dig, cause these builds are inspiring.
With the TC setup on the WF the front end likes to lift off the ground as it engages and launches ,,,,,gotta be careful! Haven’t yet been able to stretch its legs on open road.

Midyrman

Don’t mean to get off track of this thread…..

Since the TC picture I’ve swapped the green for the higher rpm stiffer yellow spring on the driven gear. And changed the std to white springs on the driver. The latter is easy to do. The yellow spring not so. After some struggles, used a bench vise with a JS rod and key fixed vertically. Slid the inner plate onto the rod and key which locks any movement of the plate. Now, there are two moving parts instead of three. From there it’s pretty logical by first pressing the top plate part way down and then twisting against the spring to preload and finally pressing all the way down to expose the slot for the retaining clip.