Benelli Compact

When I was a kid I believe that I had a 1969 Benelli Compact mini bike. It was a four speed with a 50cc engine in it. I had forgotten all about it and believe it or not I remembered it over the weekend after having a conversation with my wife. I would like to find one to restore. If anyone has a lead on one I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks. :smile:

1971_MB1A

I have a "rough" Benelli minicycle that's mostly complete but I think it may be a 65cc. It would be very cheap if I didn't have to ship it. Pm me if interested.

She is rough but that's the fun. Anybody out there have a source for parts? As you can see she is missing the lights, chain guard, etc. I also need some help finding out the model and year. There are no tags on her just a VIN. I do know she was blue and someone painted her black. A good Build-Off candidate maybe?

Attachments

markus

She is rough but that's the fun. Anybody out there have a source for parts? As you can see she is missing the lights, chain guard, etc. I also need some help finding out the model and year. There are no tags on her just a VIN. I do know she was blue and someone painted her black. A good Build-Off candidate maybe?
Would say 50cc dynamo compact, got what looks like the smaller early wheels (the miniscrambler and dynamo scrambler had larger wheels, and skid plate) the multi piece folding bars showed as "modified from 1967 & 1968 model" in the parts books so its probably a 69/70. has what looks like the later model fuel tank and cap too that goes along with the handlebar upgrade, should just be like a 1/4 turn type cap the older ones I'm not real sure how the locked in but had a built in cup for the 2 stroke oil....like a Harley shortster did.

I have some odds and ends for some of the bikes, mostly NOS parts, and just got another batch of Benelli "smalls" out of repair shop parts lot. gonna start sorting and cataloging and getting them up on ebay after the 1st of the year. Not real sure how much of the 50/65cc I have left though I sold most of it all off last year. No lights for those anymore, This latest last parts buy all the lighting stuff ended up being for bikes like Kami, Chaparral, gemini, etc, no Italians.

I haven't really gotten in to it yet because I am hoping to do it for the build-off but with a quick look over I am going to need fenders, cables, headlight, taillight. I don't know about the engine yet. It looks all there but I know I have no spark. I have a parts book on the way so I can see what else may be missing. There is no data plate either so it is hard to know for sure what I have.