Bennelli buzzer points timing

Joe H

Anybody here have experiance with old Benelli minibikes or other pionts iggys. I have been learning but still just a bit confused. I can set them easy enough, Im more wondering about the magnets and the timing and how it all works but I need the dummy version. Or find a CDI to switch to maybe.
The problem is the manual says 28deg BTDC, I couldnt get it anywhere near that, then I filed the woodruff key a bit and turned the coil rotor to max and I could get 28.
But then this weekend it was acting up, I checked the timing and I was back down to below 20??? so I checked everything pulled it apart it was all where I set it I cleaned up everything (it wasent dirty but what the heck) put it back together its now at 25 degress which is fine it runs well there , but having it swing after 200 miles?? and then it seems just a bit wonky???
Could I be getting wear on the heal of the pionts, I do grease it?? Anyway im baffled and becasue I have never worked with points before im also confused.

One more thing, I am pretty familiar with two strokes and premix, broke it in on a rich mix of 20 to 1, manual wants 25 to 1 after break in. Im thinking with modern oil going with 32 or 40 to 1 ....any thoughts on theses tiny high reving motors, it spins well past 9000 wide open.
Seems like a chainsaw engine to me there somewhere in the 50:1 area.