best drive chain size?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide what pitch chain to use on my trail cat. I'm pretty sure it was #35 org,But it seams to me that #40 would me more suited to the weight of an adult rider and increased power output, Any thoughts? Steve.

CarPlayLB

buy a quality #35 chain and you'll be fine. Think RLV or EK chain. I am 260lbs and have no issues! #40 chain is nice, but you will really limit your options on sprockets

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide what pitch chain to use on my trail cat. I'm pretty sure it was #35 org,But it seams to me that #40 would me more suited to the weight of an adult rider and increased power output, Any thoughts? Steve.
Please explain what you mean by "increased power output"? (I.e., what size engine?)
Michael

I always try to use #41 unless sprocket clearance is an issue. #41 stays on much better than #35. #40 is overkill for most bikes. I use it on karts and when the #41 seems to be stretching and breaking. Most of that could be from using cheap or tired used chain.

We race our minis on a dirt track and I've learned that I go through about 3 lengths made from the cheap #35 chain a season.
Some other guys were trying both #40 and #41 but nobody ever really had good results to justify the extra bulk.