Best off road mini bike

MattG

I just watched the video of the MB200 I wasn't impressed sure it was fast enough out on a flat trail through the grass. Where is the dirt hill with rocks and a little canyon to ride in to me that's off road. It always was a wonder to me that the minuet you buy a bike car or truck you must do some MODS too so called make it yours. If you need to make more power or top speed is it the engines fault or the gearing to match the riders weight.
Well there aren't too many videos out on the bike yet but I think the best ones I've seen are the ones I posted below. The reason I think its pretty good for off-road is the size of the tires, the full suspension, and a good sized/strong engine. It also has a comfortable seat and seating position, plus dual pegs so you can change your foot position if you want. It also comes stock with CVT. The stock 38t sprocket is too small for the type of off-roading you are describing, but a swap is simple and cheap. I still say for $750 delivered to your house, there is a lot to be impressed about. Just my opinion.

I believe the purpose of mods is to make the bike specifically how you want it to perform. Everyone's goals, terrain, and riding styles are different. Given how cheap it is to mod this bike I don't think I would consider it a negative if you want to mod it out of the box. Its personal preference based on the intended usage.

Here is a cool video from Cars and Cameras that shows the difference between a stock MB200 and a slightly modded one. HUGE difference for cheap. Fast forward to around the 17 min mark to go straight to the test. I maybe think the belt was wet or something for it to be slipping that bad on that particular hill. However, there is no reason to believe that the modded blue bike couldnt easily handle a terrain scenario such as a canyon ride.

[video=youtube;keFel5eDyLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keFel5eDyLA&t=1209s[/video]

And the second day of riding...everyone still going strong.. Near the end of the second video they did say the MB200's were the "Cadillac's" when compared to the other bikes.

[video=youtube;nuJHsamgkjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJHsamgkjA[/video]

Hopefully I'll get to test out some other bikes to see how the MB200 compares to them. Its good to have choices...

Last edited:

MattG

Have you had it off road yet? If so, what did you think?
99% of my riding has been offroad or on dirt trails. I havent had any issues and I am still on the stock sprocket. If I had more/larger hills or rougher terrain I would probably swap the rear sprocket for something larger. I still might since I dont really need to see 45mph top end, although it can be handy when I'm on a paved road and heading to a trail.

The Heald SuperBronc really is by far the best for off roading. They are extremely big though for trail riding. I should have said in my original post that the manco I use has a 212

Rupps and Powells come to mind to me . i remember being behind them
on my Bonanza on the trails. those 2 stroke arctic cats were pretty bad ass little
bikes too. seems that anything with decent suspension went faster than me.

:thumbsup:

phil

Last edited:
well,i guess i don't fit in.i don't have an old expensive,american mini bike,but my daughter and i sure enjoy trail riding our coleman bikes,nothing extreme but light hills and trails.to us poor folks they are the best off road mini bikes.

Davis

Expensive really that’s way not what they are building them back up is the fun of it rather than buying turn key bikes I’d sell you a gote today for what you pay new for these other dingy bikes.

MattG

Sounds like those Gotes have that magic fairy dust sprinkled on them...nice! :scooter:

My dingy bike just came with an empty packet of soy sauce that someone left in the box. :shrug:

Davis is this you in this video? Nice hill climb man! Big air!!!

[video=youtube;4QP96hfpAl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QP96hfpAl0[/video]

MattG

Haha..But in all seriousness these Gotes are flying up that hill. Impressive...

[video=youtube;zISD5n8kC4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zISD5n8kC4U[/video]

WLB

Of course I'll have to vote for Mr Goat. In the last three years it has proven itself in all types of situations over and over. The Tote Gote is good but it can't handle snow at all if it is deeper than a couple of inches.

The reason I like my manco, is because the suspension is good, it’s American and it only cost me 250 including the predator and other stuff. Works for me. I’d rather have that than spend 700 to a thousand dollars on a super bronc or gote.

Last edited:

Davis

The reason I like my manco, is because the suspension is good, it’s American and it only cost me 250 including the predator and other stuff. Works for me. I’d rather have that than spend 700 to a thousand dollars on a super bronc or gote.
Ya seems you get what you pay for also.