Best off road mini bike

delray

dragracertpp
I don't have too many trail bikes so not a lot to compare to but I sure do love my trail buck
i would have to put that one in the top 10 pick. almost want to put my thunderbolt in as a pick,but i would have to kick it out under all conditions. off -road means everything. muddy and sandy condition it would not do so well. thats where the super bronc comes into play as a top pick bike....:scooter:

dragracertpp i would have to put that one in the top 10 pick. almost want to put my thunderbolt in as a pick,but i would have to kick it out under all conditions. off -road means everything. muddy and sandy condition it would not do so well. thats where the super bronc comes into play as a top pick bike....:scooter:
It's unfortunate that there isn't a standard to measure any aspect of this thread. It appears to be more about defending one's choice of machine, and now "value-added" analysis- cost vs. subjectivity- which means very little.

I've ridden several bikes in my nearly 60 years, (thanks Raskin for the "old man" reference above, you'll be there too some day) and it is hard for me to remember a bike more suited to off road work than the proprietary clutch belt driven Tote Gotes. I refer to the Nova and the Mini Gote. This goes beyond controllability, and ability to utilize torque vs. RPM to overcome obstacles, to brake design, robust drive systems, and reliability. You can take these into uninhabited areas, and not need a support vehicle following along.

I realize I am out in the hinterlands, but I would challenge anyone on a "mini bike" to deliver a dozen eggs over an unimproved trail. My only question is will the Bearcat Twister be a better off road machine than the Gotes.

PS: The Super Bronc is BAD ASS. I rode the smaller version as a kid, through a barbed-wire fence. Still have the scar. I recall it had more "ass" than I did. :) Check out this video of a Super Bronc. I got a kick out of it, and it certainly looks like it feels right at home in the rough stuff.

[video=youtube;Uee8jtsZfqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uee8jtsZfqY[/video]

I ride a manco thunderbird and a Baja warrior I also own a doodle bug and a monster moto HANDS DOWN my Baja warrior is the most minibike I’ve ever been on. Coleman is just a big rigid frame and monster moto and Doodle bug have no suspension whatsoever. The thunderbird is nicer than those for sure but compared to the Baja it’s not even a competition.

dragracertpp i would have to put that one in the top 10 pick. almost want to put my thunderbolt in as a pick,but i would have to kick it out under all conditions. off -road means everything. muddy and sandy condition it would not do so well. thats where the super bronc comes into play as a top pick bike....:scooter:
Ty [emoji23] it's such a big heavy monster of a bike [emoji23] I bet the thing weighs close to 200 lbs. from what I see they are not too popular of a bike, I love it though. Is that the thunderbolt that you brought to Woodstock? I thought that was a very cool bike

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

delray

yes dragracertpp that was my thunderbolt at woodstock. pulled pretty good for a very mild built 195cc tecumseh motor..:thumbsup:

it was a few years ago at windber before all the raining seasons that they now have every year.
there was a small track in front of are camp site and mike (peekster) brought his super bronc and he was racing it on the track and could come out of the corners pulling the front wheel off the ground with total control of that big machine.
crazy too to see how far he could lean it to the ground and not dump it....:scooter:

picture small track

mike and his super bronc next to my bike at the windber parade.

It's unfortunate that there isn't a standard to measure any aspect of this thread. It appears to be more about defending one's choice of machine, and now "value-added" analysis- cost vs. subjectivity- which means very little.

I've ridden several bikes in my nearly 60 years, (thanks Raskin for the "old man" reference above, you'll be there too some day) and it is hard for me to remember a bike more suited to off road work than the proprietary clutch belt driven Tote Gotes. I refer to the Nova and the Mini Gote. This goes beyond controllability, and ability to utilize torque vs. RPM to overcome obstacles, to brake design, robust drive systems, and reliability. You can take these into uninhabited areas, and not need a support vehicle following along.

I realize I am out in the hinterlands, but I would challenge anyone on a "mini bike" to deliver a dozen eggs over an unimproved trail. My only question is will the Bearcat Twister be a better off road machine than the Gotes.

PS: The Super Bronc is BAD ASS. I rode the smaller version as a kid, through a barbed-wire fence. Still have the scar. I recall it had more "ass" than I did. :) Check out this video of a Super Bronc. I got a kick out of it, and it certainly looks like it feels right at home in the rough stuff.

[video=youtube;Uee8jtsZfqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uee8jtsZfqY[/video]
Haha..i am there I'm 60+ i just think this thread should be what is your favorite off-road mini bike..:shrug: not a competition

gbabins1

Yeah I don't think you can pick the "best" one... but if you could, mine are the best for the type of riding we do [emoji109][emoji109][emoji110]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My favorites . My aluminum bike, Frame and swing arm are solid rod aluminum. It was one of two or three made for the owner of the Bearkat ( home of the twister ) 8hp Briggs , milled head, 26mm mikuni and supertrapp exhaust. Comet 40 drive. Very quick and comfortable.

And my Heald Vt7. I really like riding this bike, goes anywhere, plenty of power and comfortable. I have had a couple of VT10's, But I really prefer the VT7.

And finally the Hot Shots . Sorry no pics of the Vt7 or my Hot Shot's

Attachments

My aluminum bike, Frame and swing arm are solid rod aluminum. It was one of two or three made for the owner of the Bearkat ( home of the twister ) 8hp Briggs , milled head, 26mm mikuni and supertrapp exhaust. Comet 40 drive. Very quick and comfortable.
Very nice.

A full suspension minibike with 10hp on my own 3 acre motocross track with plenty of riders,beer,bbq and a bonfire...is best..:laugh:

A full suspension minibike with 10hp on my own 3 acre motocross track with plenty of riders,beer,bbq and a bonfire...is best..:laugh:
....about that beer....:laugh: And as memory serves me, we have also had "several" BBQ conversations here! Come to think of it, I have a wet cured ham that I need to smoke today!

If we have a build off this year, one of my planned maybe projects is to build an off road mini bike- Mini bike, not mini cycle, not trail bike, but MINI bike.....and hopefully someone will have an opinion on how to tune the carburetor, and which oil to use. :thumbsup: