best price for DB30?

Greetings All
The bug bit me,saw one at Dicks Sporting Goods last week for a sale price of 289.00 plus tax.Went to local Pep Boys today but they did not have one.
Reading through some threads here, and I see they have been bought for as low as 189.00?
I live in the chicagoland area and would like to know were I can get one in the low 200.00 range.I would be ok with doing a mail order.
If I can get it at that price I may buy two of them.
Thanks In Advance
for any replies,
Rich.

Do you have a Schucks auto parts?

There is a local sporting goods chain called Joe's that had the DB-30's on sale for $199 after mail in rebate. I know of someone who took the Joe's Ad into his local Schucks about 40 miles away & Schucks matched the price.

There was also a post on this forum about scratch & dent bikes out of Phoenix, Az. You might try to find that post and/or check the Phoenix Craigslist.

Good luck.

When i bought mine, i got it for 180, plus a 20 dolar off thing. 160bucks in total!! i had like the first version though. but its still runnin

150 + tax. Check craigslist. I bought mine from a person who sells chinese knockoff quads, atv's, sand rails, etc. He got a shipment of 150 doodlebugs and sold htem for 150 a pop. There's actually two places within 3 miles of me selling it for the same price.

JTsmks

DON'T PAY THE SET-UP FEE!!!!!!!!! Tell them you want it IN THE CRATE they do not know what they are doing and are over charging for set-up. I refused to pay it and insisted on a crated bike so they had one sent from another store.

Well I know I didnt get the best price. In fact I overpaid as far as im concerned.
I was wanting a Doodlebug really bad, and I searched everywhere online and locally on Craigslist. I live just south of St Louis and there apparently aren't any Baja dealers around. The closest Pep boys is central Illinois and Dicks sporting goods here doesnt carry Doodlebugs. I ended up driving about 80 miles to Rural King in LItchfield Illinois and buying it for $299.00 plust tax. They did not charge a set up fee.
All the set up is they bolt the front end on and add oil. The "set up fee" that the other dealers are charging are rip offs.:thumbdown:

I Bought Mine At A Murrys Autoparts Store , Fully Assembled For $285.00 Out The Door. Brought It Home Fired It Up And Smashed A Rear Wheel Bearing!