Best tires for db30

Where is the best place to get replacement tires for the db30? I see that several people have installed different tread styles than the stock ones. I am looking for an online option for getting other tires. Please send any website urls you have for tires.

fonz

I'd run these.
Carlisle Snow Hog Tires for the Snoe Throwers and Lawn and Garden Industry.
They're made for snow blowers I believe. I bought the Carlisle X-Trac and they were perfect for the rear but with a square profile to the ground they didn't work well on the front. I think these snow hog tires would be perfect and will be the ones I invest in next time. Really deep 3/8ths tread with a slight radius on the edges for turning on the front.
I'd run the 15x5's

Last edited:
Kenda Super Turf - saw these on one of ctmini's posts. These are the tires on the red bike in the photo below. Ordered them off ebay from atvmaster.

does anyone know if they make rounded slick in the stock DB size (or very close)? i've looked around but haven't found any.

what size does the 145/70-6 come out to when using inches? it would make it much easier to find a correct size tire.

ive been buying barely used lawn tractor tires off the crazy lawnmower guy down the road for $5 a pop.
i've been keeping an eye out for a slick aswell, but havent had any luck

ive been buying barely used lawn tractor tires off the crazy lawnmower guy down the road for $5 a pop.
i've been keeping an eye out for a slick aswell, but havent had any luck
so the crazy mountain bike guy buys tires from the crazy lawnmower guy? :laugh:

if "mtb" isn't for mountain bike, just ignore me. :doah:

145/70-6 is 14.5 inchs by about 7 on a 6 inch wheel i believe

you can get a 15x6x6 ribbed tire i actually have one, the grooves are very shallow and a few days of riding and heavy launching will wear it down to basically a slick.

Thanks for the info guys. I just got my db30 and baja mini in tonight so its time to start making some of the mods you guys have posted on the site. I noticed that the baja mini has a gear reduction system, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried putting that on the db30 with a 6.5 clone, I am looking to get more hill climbing out of the db30 for my son (for trail riding in alaska) and do not really want to see a high end speed. I am putting on a tav2 on the baja mini for myself. If anyone has tried the gear reduction on the db30 please let me know what you thought of it.

the Kenda Super Turf's are working great. lots of grip on the concrete........not to good on grass and dirt roads. I'd say they are wearing 10 times better than the stock tires (but the stock tires are super soft)

It's cool to see batteryman hooked them up:thumbsup:

I got them from jedstires.com he's got them on ebay to

15/5.50/6 on the tire on his web site it says 14.4 tall 5.4 wide

15x5.50-6 15x550-6 15 550 Lawn Mower Go Kart Tire 4ply - eBay (item 220293184520 end time Apr-08-09 15:07:55 PDT)

Like the Fonz, I run a 15x5x6 Carlisle X-Trac in the rear and a matching size Carlisle Snow Hog in the front (for turning, as mentioned). The X-Trac will wheelie me in 6" of mud if I hammer it about mid-way through. Of course I'm running a TAV-2 and a 250cc briggs motor. But the tires are amazing in the dirt, mud, and on hills. They are directional, but we run them backwards for more grip. You should be able to ask your local small engine repair shops, since they are just snow blower tires.

With the Baja Mini, you will have more ATV tire options since its a bigger rim.

My friend with a Mini is running the jackshaft setup that came on it and it is really quite capable. Where it dies is in mud and slick stuff. It is just a geared down centrifugal clutch in there, so it needs to be turning a pretty decent RPM to hook up. He would have to push it when he spun out in the mud and on a couple hills this last weekend. Depends on the sort of terrain that your running it in as to how it would work for you. Should bolt up fine, but I imagine you would have to modify the frame like you would if you were installing a TAV on the DB. Never done it though, so I can't say for sure.

If you want your son to be able to climb hills, and money were no object, I would get him a TAV-2 and the optional governor. Its really just an adjustable ring that clamps around the drive inside the TAV and keeps it from opening up all the way, whereby reducing the top speed. They say down to around 12-15 mph on up, depending on where you set it.

Last edited:
the Kenda Super Turf's are working great. lots of grip on the concrete........not to good on grass and dirt roads. I'd say they are wearing 10 times better than the stock tires (but the stock tires are super soft)....
CJT,
Could you describe the tires handling characteristics on grass & in the dirt? Are the tread blocks to close together & load up, essentially making the tire a slick?

Like the Fonz, I run a 15x5x6 Carlisle X-Trac in the rear and a matching size Carlisle Snow Hog in the front (for turning, as mentioned). The X-Trac will wheelie me in 6" of mud if I hammer it about mid-way through. Of course I'm running a TAV-2 and a 250cc briggs motor. But the tires are amazing in the dirt, mud, and on hills. They are directional, but we run them backwards for more grip. You should be able to ask your local small engine repair shops, since they are just snow blower tires....
Caddy Kid,
I was looking at those tires & seriously considering them for a while. It's fairly clear that the tread pattern should work well in the mud, snow & the loose stuff. I wasn't able to get any feedback on how well the tires handle on hard-pack dirt, asphalt & how long they last.

Could you guys let me know what your experiences have been?

Thank
~JM~

In addition to dirt, we also race our DB's (during and after a few beers) around a tight road course in the parking lot at work. We made the factory tires into slicks in less than two weeks of evening runs. We have been running the Carlisle tires for nearly twice as long now, and haven't even worn off the ice grip pattern on the fronts. No noticeable change in the rears. And they actually grip rather well on the asphalt in the corners. We dont push them as much as we did the stock tires in the corners however, as the tread pattern wasn't designed for it.

I have yet to find hardpacked dirt that it wont throw a decent rooster tail on. Even the dried mud-turned-cement stuff it grabs and tears through.

Still going strong. We put 30 some miles on them a couple weekends ago, and another 10 last weekend. Have yet to wear any noticeable amount of rubber off of them.

On the 30 mile ride, we did a really serious hill climb with them in loose sand. Buried it up to the frame and it kept going until there was just too much resistance to keep pushing through it and it wheelied. That being said, we made it farther than the bigger KTM and Honda bikes in our group.