Best way to oil a chain?

I use a chain wax as well. Got it off ebay years ago. Keep it in a metal coffee can and heat way on hotplate then clean off chain in thinners then dry and using a welding wire drop the chain so it lays flat in a coil in the melted wax after about a half hour turn off hotplate and remove chain while way is still hot, hang chain to dry and your all set. Penetrates all the links and plates, doesn't attract dust and lasts a long time.

toomanytoys

On mini bikes I just use oil in an pump can that’s probably a 100 years old. My mini bike chains stretch out way before they’d ever fail from not lubing properly.

On my motorcycles I clean it with solvent, brushes and use wax or spray on lube depending on how much of a hurry I’m in.

I74

Google "Maxima Chain Wax"
We have been using this for many years on our bikes with great results.
Michael
Maxima chain wax is ''hands down'' 100% the best stuff I ever used for chains, & is a ''no brainer'' ,, & I've used ''a lot'' of different stuff over the years ….

Works great on linkages, cable ends,, ect. ect.,, & tons of other stuff also,, plus puts a wax coating on exposed bare metals, to keep them from rusting. ;)

Doesn't fling off chains ect. either & make a mess.

Added,,

It's expensive, ''depending where you get it from'', worth every penny though regardless.

Best deal I found, was on Amazon, ''for my last can''.

Went with the ''large'' can this time, & it was like 15 bucks,, but should last me for a few years...

The small cans are ''not'' cost effective though '' for me'',, & a large can is only a few bucks or so more, , depending where you get it from.

I

Last edited: