Bike Show/Ride and Race Night.

delray

Last weekend my friend had a bike show and ride on is property/country road and later that night we had some minibike racing at a local small clay track.
here are a few pictures I took in the morning before the crowd showed up.

later that afternoon we headed out to the local race track to do some minibike racing. I forget what the total entrys where for the minibikes. it had to be over 20+
I had my friend doug that put on the bike show ride my roadster2.
as for some people may known the bike from when I installed the flathead build engine on this bike. I had to do a ton of mods to it so it would turn left fast and had to change over to a honda/clone engine that was well built.

doug end up doing very well for the first time on this bike.
practice he did good learning how to drive the bike. I new he was still taking it easy from just looking at the memory tach.
the bike was gear correct for the track/motor.
first race all he had to do is place top3 and he was in.
end up running second in his very first circle track clay racing. he could of easy pulled first place just from watching him ride up on the guys rear tire. I could still tell he was taking it easy from the tach. ok with me still learning how the bike rides. second race he pull out right away and led the whole race buy at least 1/4-1/2 lap. I new after the race he was running harder. the tach was up by 200 more rpm's.
feature race he led the race and was coming out of turn 4 very close to the inside and caught a groove and suck him in and crash the bike. he was a fast bike that night.
here is a very small video that was sent to me of him on his second race leading on the white flag. video is very poor,cell phone.

delray

this was without the coolest clay racing I have ever seen in person. always been a big stock car(blacktop) fan growning up and midget racing,but never seen bikes racing clay. this is where it gets real cool. they had regular flat track bike from little 50cc/little kids up to the big bikes and that night they had vintage shift Harleys and 883 sportster class too.
here are some pic's

this guy was 76 years old and was still riding couple different classes....crazy

here is a small video that doug's brother put together of the whole day event. very cool to see.

Very nice! Thank you for sharing. Look closely a the oldest motorcycles, such as the flathead H-Ds, and you'll see that they have no brakes. That was the rule back in the day.

delray

Very nice! Thank you for sharing. Look closely a the oldest motorcycles, such as the flathead H-Ds, and you'll see that they have no brakes. That was the rule back in the day.
that's kind of crazy when you see that. when I have my minibike geared right,my driver doesn't need the brake. if he does very little(slow bike in front...etc..) engine act's like the brake for the most part. i run a direct drive setup.

DonK

That looks like it was a blast- love the classic rides, and a Rupp Go-Joe! You don't see one of those every day. Thanks for posting.