Billet Flywheel For Tech OHV Power Sport 5HP?

I have a little OHV 5HP Power Sport engine with the governor still attached. I was thinking of removing it. Does anyone make a billet flywheel for these motors, or know where or which model I would need?

Thanks!

If your going to remove the governer you probably need a Billet connecting rod before and billet flywheel. But it would be safe to do both. Also I think stiffer springs. Here is a place that sells billet connecting rods and flywheels. I don't think it matters the engine I think it matters the bore, stroke, etc.

ARC Racing

Last edited:
Is this why people don't build up Techumseh motors?
No aftermarket support? I don't know what my bore or stroke is yet, as I haven't taken the motor apart yet.
Thank you Lucky for your insight.

No lots of people do. It is really that these engines dont differ a whole lot. Like different carbs, maybe a few cc's but really they are all generally the same design. If you know the model number of your engine. Then go online and find a manual and look for the specs. On my old Briggs engine I found the model number. Typed it in, then went to the briggs website. Opened and PDF and it had all the info i needed. Here is the PDF. Scroll to the bottom and it has all the specs on my engine.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/la...als/Antique Manuals FAQ 4/270096-domestic.pdf

And they do have aftermarket support.

OK so I can go by the Briggs measurements that you posted and order the parts and everything will fit the Techumseh?
That's great news, thanks!

NO. I meant look for your model. Then find the specs. Look at the parts that fit your specs and buy them. MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SPECS AND WILL FIT YOUR ENGINE.My briggs engine was an example.

NO. I meant look for your model. Then find the specs. Look at the parts that fit your specs and buy them. MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE RIGHT SPECS AND WILL FIT YOUR ENGINE.My briggs engine was an example.

Oh, I see....as an example.

With all of the OHV 5hp Tecumseh engines on here, I figured someone might have one for sale or know of where to buy the correct one or something.

I am not sure if OHV engines or flat head engines are better. My briggs is a flat-head. Maybe there is more camshafts available for flat heads. There was a recent post of a generator engine OHV and they said it was worth modding. So ask for someone else's opinion before buying that stuff. And I have never seen an OHV in a minibike before and flat heads are more compact.

CarPlayLB

Hahahaha...put down the bottle Lucky!

see if you can point Massacre to the Tecumseh website where he can cross reference items. That would be a big help!

Is that a briggs animal? Anyway probably in the older minibikes I have only seen flat heads not any OHV. Which produce better power or are more moddable? BTW here is the website. Try and find your model number on starter housing, exhaust, etc. Or maybe even a sticker.

http://www.tecumsehpower.com/

What do you mean by me putting down the bottle?