Bird duck maybe?

Triley41395

Just bought this because I needed the brake pad for my Roper. Just looking at pictures maybe a duck or scat cat. If I'm way off don't give me too much grief. 20210709_192438.jpg Screenshot_20210709-193144_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210709-193217_Facebook.jpg

mustangfrank

So this is probably a fairly common bike. I'm considering welding on brackets to add a jackshaft, or would I be better off just finding a frame already set up for one.
I'm the opposite, anything 70s or earlier that isn't already welded on or modified I leave as factory (metal wise). There's plenty of newer bikes and old modded/repaired frames to play with.

I inherited one of those last year, basically just a rusty frame and fork on destroyed tires, I wanted to cut the bars and add apes but sold it on instead for $225 locally.

Just my opinion.

capguncowboy

I'm the opposite, anything 70s or earlier that isn't already welded on or modified I leave as factory (metal wise). There's plenty of newer bikes and old modded/repaired frames to play with.

I inherited one of those last year, basically just a rusty frame and fork on destroyed tires, I wanted to cut the bars and add apes but sold it on instead for $225 locally.

Just my opinion.
You're doing better than me. I have a couple of bird frames that I can't seem to give away. I had one that was complete and running that I sold for about $200 last summer. Guys around here want new stuff. It's a shame because I doubt much of the new stuff will be around in 50 years

mustangfrank

You're doing better than me. I have a couple of bird frames that I can't seem to give away. I had one that was complete and running that I sold for about $200 last summer. Guys around here want new stuff. It's a shame because I doubt much of the new stuff will be around in 50 years
I had it listed here too, same thing, crickets. It took 2-3 weeks to find a guy in his 20s that wanted it to restore, I highlighted the ad with the old JCP catalog pages, he said that got his attention.

Triley41395

Just my opinion.
Well no chance of me doing anything to it now, bought a new project today. It's a sickness. Stay tuned for some pics later today after I get it unloaded