Bird Falcon/Sears brake pedal rubber, chain guard, other?

Looking for the brake pedal rubber and a chain guard. Also let me know what else you have, two speed parts or other Bird/Sears items.

If you can see the rubber pad in the pic it came from Auto Zone , very close to original size , I cut a piece of stainless steel sheet metal to exact size of pad ( as it's a little larger than original ) and tack welded it over the top of existing steel foot pad , real simple ! If you can find an original pad it will likely be very worn and not presentable !

Thanks Chipper, looks good. I thought about making a trip to the salvage yard and grabbing half dozen different pads and seeing What works best. Do you know a part number or what car yours came from?

IMG_0701.JPG

I know this is Woody's thread, but Chipper, I'm in love with that purple bike. I'm thinking about that color on my Golden Pinto project. Thanks also for the rubber pad idea.

Last edited:
Number for the foot pad is Dorman 20729 . Available at most auto parts stores . Sometimes you need to do some altering on the pad to fit better . The chain guard offered on OldMiniBikes in the vintage section will work on your bike . They also sell the bracket to mount it off the motor unless you have the bracket on the frame to mount it . You have to trim a little off at the back to fit the curve on the frame . They also sell the scrub brake pad too . I have bought a couple chain guards and had them chromed for a couple of my projects and they worked great . The project I am doing now was original Plum Crazy and that is what I painted it . Love the color . Bought it at NAPA and they call it Hemi Violet .

Thanks for the great info on the pad and guard guys!:thumbsup: That Hemi Violet is a great color. Mine goes to paint next week. You got me rethinking color choices.