Bird Lark

Jim that was the simple way to put it their all Birds. And I"m going bird typing and the birds have pick my brain dry and the birds go tweety-tweet. LOL! So hows the weather where everybody is on this fine day? Thanks John

Sears listed a Drover. That's what mine looks like. I've noticed the ones like gbones has have fatter handle bars. The Sears Roper with the motor plate suspension also have the fat bars. Mine looks like the Drover, but has 7/8 bars???? Did Bird also sell the Drover as a Bird Drover?

great info guys. the more info the better. i just want to know what bike i have. i must know everything. so from my pics, and number's, what bike is mine? i know im a pain in the a$$, but im laid off, bored and been drinking franzia. thanks
Hell thats easy! It a Birdsearsroper Duckfalconlark :scooter:

Jim, I"m not sure on that one, but I didn't mean to take over your forum. The questions were coming in and I was trying to answer with what know and found out. So sorry guy! I only know what I have read and found by owning a few of these at the same time. There is not enough info on these bikes to be positive on anything so take what info you find for what it is worth. But nice job on your bike. Those colors are different but look good. I still have not seen a unmolested model yet. John

Goodnight gbone,deezildennis, jimh,and randy it was fun but got to get up early. But the word of the day is "Bird" can everyone say it! "BBBIIIRRRDDD" goodnight talk with you another day. Thanks John

Jim, I"m not sure on that one, but I didn't mean to take over your forum. The questions were coming in and I was trying to answer with what know and found out. So sorry guy! I only know what I have read and found by owning a few of these at the same time. There is not enough info on these bikes to be positive on anything so take what info you find for what it is worth. But nice job on your bike. Those colors are different but look good. I still have not seen a unmolested model yet. John
No problem. A lot of info there. The colors I picked were because I've seen a million red and blue minis, but I wanted to make it different. Plus I got free Hunter Green paint. The one I'm really trying to decifer is my yellow one. It was a mess when I got it, so I customized it. It had shock mounts a couple of inches above the rear axle mounts like a Foremost Golden Pinto, but bars and forks like a Runabout, and was orangish gold with the original paint and stripes still on it here and there on the fenders. The stripes were like the Sears Birds.

I wouldn't cut that one up. But for every one that gets whacked the value increases on the others. I try not to cut on one if it's in fair shape, but I'll gladly finish a job someone already started.:thumbsup: I like to find the old crusty beaters to hack on, or one that someone has already hacked up beyond the point of being restorable.

a lot of them were customized during the first couple of years of their life. If you customize them the way they would have been done back then, I don't see anything wrong with that. I try not to do anything I can't un-do on one that's in good shape.

Last edited:
I've been too busy to do a lot, but it's getting there. I made some fender mounts before painting. I added some steel fenders. The original front one was missing. The front was originally welded to the forks. I made a mount from 1/8" x 1/2" flat stock. The rear mount was one I cut out of another old Bird. The new rear fender will need re-curved a little. I'll have to tear down the rear wheel for paint. The tires are 4.10/3.50 X 5. I was going to convert it to a Lark, but now I think I'll leave it a Drover. I have the shocks for the seat and both brackets for the seat. This engine uses a diaphram carb. I made an intake I might use, and add a small slide carb. Not sure on that one yet. We'll see.

Jim, nice job! I'm looking for the rear seat mount that bolts to the seat and to the shocks for my bike. Got one that you would consider parting with or would you make me one from a copy of yours? Let me know if you have one or you are interested in making me one and what it will cost. Thanks John

I Went out to the shop and checked mine for #'s

I Found a number 5.....nothing else just a 5 LOL!

I Dont have any of the extra holes and the only thing thats welded on the drive side is the Chain guard post and the scrub brake stop everything thats in this pic. And Again...4" wheel in the front and 5" wheel in the back....

How much are these frames worth