Bird? New guy with a mini project.

Hello everyone. Found this site a little while ago and like it a lot. I bought a project a month or so ago and was told it was a Bird. Not sure though based on the pictures on here that I have seen. Heres some pics. Tell me what you think.
The 5hp Briggs thats in the pics probably wont go in there as it doesn't really want to fit and throws the weight WAY to the right side. Its from a previous mini bike I had a few years ago and the carb is junk as the previous owner screwed it up.
The little boy is my son who will have the minibike eventually but I gotta test it out first, to make sure its safe all lol...

Mac

The pictures come up too huge for me to really see, but the main frame looks like a Bird. The front fork sure looks a bit like a Fox.

That's the same frame I have. Shock mounts for the seat are above the rear wheel mount.This is the first one I've seen like mine. Seat mount is the same too, except someone cut the top off yours.::hack::

So this bike had a sprung rear seat I take it? Any possibility I can get those parts still for it or do I just have to mount a seat directly to the frame now?
And I take it this had a foot brake at some point too?

You can find them on ebay. I'm not sure of the length. I'll check tonight after work. They are just regular minibike shocks. Same style as the bikes with swingarm rear suspension. I could send some pictures of the mounting brackets on the seat and you'd have a better idea what they look like. Had a foot brake too. See 1st picture in General minibike discussion, titled "what is it" Some one had cut this one in half. I'm in the process of putting it back together. I'm modifying it alot. All the other pictures in the post are hijackers pictures. There are a couple of similar birds, but they are different models. After that, they got off on their own discussion.

Thanks for the info. I think I may mount a seat directly to the frame, I think it will look better IMO.
The 5hp Briggs didn't come with the bike although someone may have cut that brake bracket to fit a larger engine in the past.
I guess im going to have to figure out how to get some sort of brake system setup for the bike eventually. Maybe I can fab something up similar to what was on there at one time.