Bit of a bugger, but I got it done. Added front brakes.

So I decided to add front brakes to my Coleman CT200U. Should be simple, right?
Ah, not so Grasshopper.
Had to order parts from Coleman for the wheel, the brake assy. is discontinued per them.
From Monster Scooter I got the brake assy, and a brake lever with light switch.
OldMiniBikes was the only place for a correct length brake cable, 35"

First problem, "Someone" installed front suspension forks, so the flange on the wheel wouldn't clear. :doah:
Cut off wheel/grinder/sander and now it fits.

Install the brake assy to the wheel and the outer hub bottoms out on the wheel cup before the inner portion hits the bearing.:doah::doah:
Find a piece of steel pipe of proper (almost) inner diameter and make a 5/16" wide spacer. Note: this brake is said to fit the CT200U, by thesellers. :hammer:

Okay go to attach the stop to the fork, new fork has bracket already. Well if I do that, then the brake lever hits the fork.
So dig through the scrap pile, and make a bracket to fit and use a U bolt to attach it to the fork. Even manage to bend/drill/cut for the cable to seat into it. :thumbsup:

Attach the cable, the handle, adjust the brake, and even ran the wires for the brake light.

SUCCESS!!! Road tested and it works great!
front brake 2.jpg front brake1.jpg

Before you ask, the black thing zip tied to the right fork is the pick up/sender for the wireless speedometer/odometer. You can see the magnet it reads attached to the rim of the wheel, just ahead of the fork. Works great.

It's all part of my quest to get this thing licensed. No I'm not stupid enough to go out on the highway, but for cruising around the hood, and on the dirt roads around my farm in PA.
It now has all the equipment required, head and tail light, brake light, speedometer/odometer, brakes, reflector,and horn.

Pretty easy to do in Florida. Have the cops sign off on the the vin # check, then bury the license office with all the receipts for every part used, add a built from parts form and pay the fees. Florida has no state inspection. Heck they even license golf carts down here.:eek:ut:

Word to the wise, or learn from my mistake. I'm right in the middle this mod on my Coleman. The (brand new) brake drum is out of round, and I already cut off the sprocket plate. So I can't return it. If you're doing this, make sure you mock it up before cutting! I just wasted $40.