Bitting the billet

I got some OT money so I’m bought a billet flywheel for my Subaru. What, if any performance upgrades can I expect (besides the obvious - not having the flywheel blowing up when I hit maximum rpm)

joshua. c.

gains depend on the weight compared to stock and the timing. the company that made it should have some info on that. don't forget to buy a billet rod, its even more likely to grenade than the flywheel. the biggest gains other than safely pulling the governor are being able to start on other power adding mods that would be useless when running a governor.

I thought I read you can’t use the charging coil with a billet flywheel. Is that true? I hope not. I like being able to run lights

is there an alternative flywheel that would work with the charging coils? something that would support higher RPM's but isn't bilet?

SAS289

Like this PVL Flywheel. Says it works with "The flywheel works with the standard OEM clone coil with a recommended coil gap of .038-.040"
I dont know what that means. Im new obviously and don't understand really what oem coil is vs. flywheel.

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/pvl-flywheel-for-clone.html
When they say "works with the standard OEM clone coil" they are talking about the coil that provides the voltage for the spark plug. It's not something to provide power to a headlight or other powered accessory.

I'm not aware of any performance flywheel that supports the charging coils.