Black widow motorsports!

fistfullabar

Anyone got pics of the dellorto intake the black widow motorsports makes? The "newer style 5hp" 1inch. What is the engine they refer too? I would like to see the shape of the intake.
Thanks.

ruppking

Newer style 5hp Tecumseh engines have the "D" shaped intake port. We make a Dellorto intake 7/8" OD to fit the UA19S carb
as well as a 1" OD for various larger carbs. The intake has a round port but has a "D" shaped bolt flange.

markus

Jim, all HS50 blocks had that same intake port since the start of sales in 1972

Newer style 5hp Tecumseh engines have the "D" shaped intake port. We make a Dellorto intake 7/8" OD to fit the UA19S carb
as well as a 1" OD for various larger carbs. The intake has a round port but has a "D" shaped bolt flange.

ruppking

Jim, all HS50 blocks had that same intake port since the start of sales in 1972
Sorry, meant to say late series HS40's and all HS50 with "D" port. Marcus would you know when the "D" port ( I use this term for lack of a better description) started in the HS40 blocks? I have 2 1975 HS40 engines one has round intake port and one has the "D' port. Thanks, Jim

markus

Sorry, meant to say late series HS40's and all HS50 with "D" port. Marcus would you know when the "D" port ( I use this term for lack of a better description) started in the HS40 blocks? I have 2 1975 HS40 engines one has round intake port and one has the "D' port. Thanks, Jim
Never, the HS40 always had the round ports and the HS50 had the larger ports like your pic above in post #4. , Square shrouds are a direct swap part so someone just swapped those out if its stamped that way.

The exhaust ports are very different between the 2 engines as well, even though they are both round. HS50s are larger and are situated differently between the mount holes making the flanges different between the 4 and 5hp's.

fistfullabar

Cool now can we have some pics of the intake. Very few pictures of the intake from diff views on the net. It would also be nice if any one has one on a bike to post up a pic. Super cool if a bunch of pics are post with the diff black widow motorsports intakes.

Never, the HS40 always had the round ports and the HS50 had the larger ports like your pic above in post #4. , Square shrouds are a direct swap part so someone just swapped those out if its stamped that way.

The exhaust ports are very different between the 2 engines as well, even though they are both round. HS50s are larger and are situated differently between the mount holes making the flanges different between the 4 and 5hp's.
Thanks Marcus. You have a wealth of knowledge, appreciative that you share it.