Blazer Rebuild

I found your site today and I am grateful. My son brought home a "Blazer" motorbike a few months ago, It had an engine in it, but of course it does not run. The frame has been buba'd up, The mid frame support was cut to allow for replacement engine spark plug and part of the support coming from the neck of the frame was cut to allow space for the engine(?). It looks like it was supposed to be a 2'geared bike yet only has one gear. The brake system is gone and replaced with a drum on the rear wheel. The engine is a Tucumseh (80CC), Attached to the shaft appears to be 1/2 of a Comet torque converter attached to the shaft. This is so a belt could be attached to the stock clutch(?

My plan is to use one of the Harbor Freight Predator 212 engine. I will delete the original belt drive to the "transmission" and use a conventional torque converter and chain arraignment. I see a possible problem already of using a torque converter and chain due to frame being too narrow to allow for a straight line to the sprocket on the rear tire. At this time the sprocket is on the right side of the bike with a drum brake assembly that I am pretty sure will have to be replaced.
Anyone did anything similar? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciative.

Attachments