blitz gets only 1/2 throttle unless throttle at carb is moved by hand please help.

ok i have a stock db30. everything is hooked up correctly, i have good compression, the carb is set to initial factory settings. it will only rev up at have choke but idles fine at full choke when cold and will idle back down correctly when at half choke once warmed up. DONT ANSWER IF YOU DID NOT READ THE PREVIOUS SENTANCES. PLEASE, it only makes you sound, well, dee, dee, dee. But for everyone that did read here is my problem. once warmed up, I can give it throttle at the handle and it will only rev up halfway, producing only half power and it will lope when i hold the throttle steady at any rpm.. But if i move the throttle that is directly connected to the top of the carb the blitz will go full throttle without skipping loping or any irregularities. Now, for the question. Why is this happening? Please no because you didnt clone it responses. I need real answers from smart people. And for you clone lovers. sorry to be a hater but I've had better results with flatheaded b&s motors than any clones. the blitzs motor does not even hit half way to its max rpm. all the cable and carb adjustments only change it barely. yes theres a difference but not enough to correct the problem. can anyone that knows, please help me correct my problem.? i understand these motors are under powered but that is not the problem. something has to be out of wack or im missing something cuz theres not any issues if i were to hook the throttle cable right to the carb. wich i know is a nono because bypassing is bad. could my throttle springs be hooked up incorrectly? does anyone have a pic of correctly hooked up springs and or videos of how to check and fix my motor before i get frustrated. im trying to sell it but noone wants a half running db30 please help me get my db30 running back to its correct way.

try pulling the a/c, look into the carb , twist throttle wide open. does the butterfly open all the way? throttle cable may not pull the butterfly wide open:shrug:

buckeye

No smart people here I guess huh Butch. You take the time to answer and what thanks do ya get.
Most "smart",people would have told him to throw it off the edge of a cliff. Or tie a rope to it and use it to weigh down the body.

yes butterfly opens cuz it will rev up just fine when i move the long arm that is attached to the govener at the top next to carb by hand. but when i twist the throttle or move the linkage piece that is attached to the cable at the bottom the bike only revs part way could i be setting my cable too tight or something like that/ or do i possibly need to adjust the govener if so is there any videos of how to adjust the govener correctly?
wait a second im dumb dumb dumb. ok um if when i look in carb and twisting throttle only opens butterflies halfway only when running what do i check next it pulsates when i give it full throttle and only stays at half throttle but the butterfly opens all the way when the engine is not running. when i twist throttle the linkage at bottom moves then about a third way through its travel the linkage on carb starts to move. is that set wrong?

Last edited:
Hello ballizticbucket,

If you can, take a pic of your set-up and post it.

When the engine is running and won't allow the throttle to open all the way (wot) that's the governor working. When the engine is dead, the governor is not working, so that's why you can get wot.

I think your set-up is probably OK, just need a little adjustment. My DB30 97cc will turn 5000 rpms with the governor installed and working properly.

Have you adjusted the governor control screw?