Bloodhound!!!

I have a pure red bloodhound and need to get rid of him soon :( he is to big at the house and we want to start a family so i have to give him away. Im in south bend indiana if anyone wants him.
His name is Homer and he is a intact male.

Thanks, James

Don't get me wrong i love my dog so much!!! But i need to do this for our "someday soon" family... we have three dogs and thats the max for city limits. the other two dogs are small so they are lucky. Homer is such a sweet heart and i hate to even post this up but i cant have him anymore. i cant even be there when the new owners pick him up because it will be so hard on me. he is like my baby and he is "my best bud"

Its life, and its never easy

Clyde

So,you can't "start a family" with a good dog ... and your trying to quote "get rid of him soon" on a Minibike Forum?

Dude, is the dog more loyal than you are?

figure there are nice people on here local and i have three dogs.... homer is to big and would knock are baby down when its time... the other 2 dogs are small and calm.... homer does bad with other dogs during feeding time. so i have to feed him when the other 2 are outside

I hope he goes to a good home, just check the folks out. You could donate him to a local Police department or an outfit that trains dogs for specialty work such as drug interdiction or search and rescue.:shrug: Just a thought, I have them from time to time..........

Clyde

I hope he goes to a good home, just check the folks out. You could donate him to a local Police department or an outfit that trains dogs for specialty work such as drug interdiction or search and rescue.:shrug: Just a thought, I have them from time to time..........
We can only hope.:shrug:
Hope it ain't just wishful thinking.

My wife and a daughter do occasional "work" with a local animal rescue group. There is a disturbing trend here, locally. There was a suburban real estate housing boom nearby. Lots of Young Urban Professional folks with all sorts of nice cars and expensive toys moved in to bigger and bigger mini-mansions. Now, in 2011 those folks are "re-evaluating" their priorities.

They come in to the animal rescue, and by there nice car and fancy clothes you would think that would make the perfect "family" for those needy puppy's, kittens, good-dogs and cats.
Nope. They doing more dropping-off and not picking-up.

You see, they are getting "rid" of the animals for some interesting reasons. One guy got "rid' of his dog cause he needed "more room in the backyard" for his hot-tub. Another family dumped their cats and dogs so they could go "on vacation more". Mostly it's that they don't want to be burdened with the 'responsibility', and these Young Urban Professional folks say they "need more time to themselves."

So, if the dog or cat; or kitten or puppy doesn't find a good home ... it gets "put to sleep".
Well, not really. You see you lead the little thing into the room and place it on a table. It is usually shaking with fear and you can just tell the confusion in its eyes. You try to calm it down, but you can't bring yourself to tell the little fellow "its gonna be alright" . You hold it as comfortably as you can and you know you are the last person that will look into its eyes ... sleep is not where it is going.

Well: someone will have a place to put their new hot-tub, or more free time for a vacation.

We have dogs, cats, and a few kids.
I think you can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats his dog.

440dakota: Hope you find a good home for what used to be your friend. If you don't find a good home, I hope your the kind of guy to man-up and try and work with your responsibilities .

(PS, I raised my kids around many dogs and cats .... the kids were always wilder and harder to handle than the animals!)

Last edited:
Might want to think it over as the smaller dogs get nippy with small children.I would rather have a bigger dog knock the kid down than a small dog scar the child.I have a 6 yr old and was raised with a 135 pound german shepard.That dog took so much crap from my daughter,never even so much as groweled.Her aunts chiuauhas niped at her.And my daughter was taught to respect the animal.

Might be something to consider as your small dogs age.

Last edited: