Bonanza 1510 find.

Found this Bonanza 1510 at the Portland show this year. Clean bike but missing the Hodaka engine gas tank and seat. Fenders are there but i'm missing the fender bracket. Forks are free now with a little lube and the chrome is good for a rider. I'm going to go through it and make a nice rider out of it.
Anyone out there make the gas tanks anymore for a better price than Dave Miller. I know 125cc made some a while back.

markus

Nice another MX:thumbsup: How is the pivot shaft for the swingarm being held in place :eek:hmy:

you gonna Hodaka it or :shrug: I just saw an affordable project Hodaka bike with an ace 100 on it in my area that I may inquire about for mine, but I have so much invested/collected right now in leaving it a 1410 that I may just stick to that.

Cool bike :thumbsup:

Nice another MX:thumbsup: How is the pivot shaft for the swingarm being held in place :eek:hmy:

you gonna Hodaka it or :shrug: I just saw an affordable project Hodaka bike with an ace 100 on it in my area that I may inquire about for mine, but I have so much invested/collected right now in leaving it a 1410 that I may just stick to that.

Cool bike :thumbsup:
Someone installed there own jackshaft retainer, they didn't use lock collars to keep it in place, Easy fix, I got a great price on it and a Rupp roller with it. I'm looking for a Hodaka 100 but I will run a Briggs or Tecumseh for know but want the tank and seat that are correct for the bike, I never thought I find a MX1510.

Last edited:
I took some pictures of the frame I can't tell if the engine was a Hodaka or not. The 1410 is the Tecumseh powered model ????

What did they use for a kick stand on this model.

I was told that the short jack shaft mounts meant it was a Hodaka powered bike, Or are they the same. Did this model use a two speed jack shaft or a TAV.???

markus

I dont think the MX ever had the 2 speed option:shrug:. I would say the hobbled out motor slot is from the kickstand. the TAV ones would have to use the taller jackshaft mounts.

Does it have a 3rd tab on the top rail for the rear tank mount? Hard to tell with the sissy bar pad seat on there.

I was told that the short jack shaft mounts meant it was a Hodaka powered bike, Or are they the same. Did this model use a two speed jack shaft or a TAV.???
The only bikes that have tav systems had the taller jackshaft but some MX1510 came with the taller jackshaft mounts because they found out it was better geometry for the chain and it wouldn't pop off as much with jumping the bike. There are only two mx frames for the whole line up. There are short jackstaft bikes and tall jackstaft bikes. All mx/mb frames have the 3 tabs on top of the frame.
This bike is an original MX1310 and it has the 3 tabs on top. They used the older BC1400/1500 seat pan and just move it up to the fist tab because those bike didn't come with a top mounted tank. The red bike is a mb1210tc and u can see the frame is the same just with a taller JS. Let me know if you have more questions.

Last edited: