Bonanza 6" kidney Bean bolt size

Robertt8883

I had my Kidney Bean wheels burnished ,In the process I misplaced or lost the bolts (Not Axles) that join both wheel halves together. Does anyone
know the correct size bolt and thread pattern

Thanks

mustangfrank

I had my Kidney Bean wheels burnished ,In the process I misplaced or lost the bolts (Not Axles) that join both wheel halves together. Does anyone
know the correct size bolt and thread pattern

Thanks
My memory sucks and I can't find the bag of them I ordered but I believe they were 1/4"-20, I KNOW they were "Fillister" head (thanks to @Havasu Dave for the type).

Robertt8883

Thanks Skip I also have 6 not in that good shape but I am looking for 6 or a dozen new stainless.I went to the biggest bolt hardware distributor in Reno today, They said there a special order deal and have to buy a box of 50 min.I passed hopefully someone on OldMiniBikes would be willing to sell some I will gladly pay

Robertt8883

image.jpg I actually pulled out an old mechanics pocket reference guide. Never really thought to look but they are they are. Helpful information when you want to order the correct bolt.

Robertt8883

Thanks Mustang Frank for the info on McMaster-Carr I just finished ordering 25 which is the min in stainless 1-2 weeks delivery
$12 plus shipping cant be that much

The 3 bolts that hold the sprocket to the rim are 5/16 -18. 1-1/8" with a lock washer and a nut

Robertt8883

Last edited:

Robertt8883

So a couple of days ago I asked for the correct size machine screw or bolt for my Bonanza Kidney Bean wheels a few members voiced there opinion.Well my small shipment was delivered today.I ordered 25 stainless. 1/4-20. x 1. 3/4" long with a Allen head cap.They look good and fit perfect,
The entire order including shipping was $18 I ordered them from McMaster-Carr and delivery was the next day.If you have to have the fillister head those are on back order for the next couple of weeks.