Bonanza bc1100

MCF2891

I want to start being active on here again so I thought I’d post my current project. I’ve started building “again” my bc1100. Had a heck of a time getting this predator to run right. I’ve taken apart the carb so many times cleaning the jets and all the ports because it would idle fine With the choke off but when I would give it gas it would just fall on its face. But it would accelerate and idle great on choke. And I finally figured out that I needed a jet all along. That made me feel like an idiot cause I should’ve known that had to be re-jetted being that I’m constantly working on the carburetors on my quad. So I bored out the stock jet and know it runs like a champ. Just waiting on my last batch of parts, the header and I need to figure out a seat. Then after it’s all built and tested it’s gonna get torn down and sent into paint. But overall it’s so far so good. 17555FA7-5488-4875-89FE-7F86A46595ED.jpeg C5841EE1-CD04-4B5C-B5BA-1E0C5899E393.jpeg 6D139AF6-5DDF-4F53-931E-74412F87A7F7.jpeg

I want to start being active on here again so I thought I’d post my current project. I’ve started building “again” my bc1100. Had a heck of a time getting this predator to run right. I’ve taken apart the carb so many times cleaning the jets and all the ports because it would idle fine With the choke off but when I would give it gas it would just fall on its face. But it would accelerate and idle great on choke. And I finally figured out that I needed a jet all along. That made me feel like an idiot cause I should’ve known that had to be re-jetted being that I’m constantly working on the carburetors on my quad. So I bored out the stock jet and know it runs like a champ. Just waiting on my last batch of parts, the header and I need to figure out a seat. Then after it’s all built and tested it’s gonna get torn down and sent into paint. But overall it’s so far so good. View attachment 236604 View attachment 236605 View attachment 236606
Welcome back to the Hobby, looks like you got another project right next to it. Us old guys always sniff around your garage when you post pics LOL. I've always liked those under the seat round gas tanks on bonanzas. Be careful with that Predator ,it's going to want it wheelie on you even with a light touch. You can contact Manchester 1 on here about a seat she makes beautiful ones for bonanzas.. be sure to post some progress pics as you go along. Phoenix mark

MCF2891

Welcome back to the Hobby, looks like you got another project right next to it. Us old guys always sniff around your garage when you post pics LOL. I've always liked those under the seat round gas tanks on bonanzas. Be careful with that Predator ,it's going to want it wheelie on you even with a light touch. You can contact Manchester 1 on here about a seat she makes beautiful ones for bonanzas.. be sure to post some progress pics as you go along. Phoenix mark
Yeah that mini next to the bonanza is an old Trojan. That one is somewhat finished for now. And i have heard that the predators have a lot of low end torque so im prepared. Ill be posting more progress pics in Tuesday when my order of parts come in. Then it’ll pretty much be almost done minus the seat and paint.

Plus after this is done i gotta decide if i wanna start building my lil indian or my george barris flamer.
GEORGE BARRIS .... everybody loves those. The little Indian would have to definitely be a model 400 for me to be interested. The ones from the 70s are really great don't get me wrong little Indian guys. It's just that as a kid my first minibike was a model 400 little Indian one of the first ones with the Briggs engine on it the engine was a red 3hp. The frame kit came with a can of blue paint so that's what color I ended up with. I can remember the semi truck coming into my uncle's neighborhood and the driver wanted cash-on-delivery, all he had was rolled up change the driver took payment with that.
I think it was 129 . oh the great times I had as we lived in a Township outside of Peoria Illinois with no police.

MCF2891

GEORGE BARRIS .... everybody loves those. The little Indian would have to definitely be a model 400 for me to be interested. The ones from the 70s are really great don't get me wrong little Indian guys. It's just that as a kid my first minibike was a model 400 little Indian one of the first ones with the Briggs engine on it the engine was a red 3hp. The frame kit came with a can of blue paint so that's what color I ended up with. I can remember the semi truck coming into my uncle's neighborhood and the driver wanted cash-on-delivery, all he had was rolled up change the driver took payment with that.
I think it was 129 . oh the great times I had as we lived in a Township outside of Peoria Illinois with no police.
This is my lil indian. Markus said that it could be a 64. The numbers were ground off so i cant get an exact year or model. CF733AA1-91DD-4E45-85FA-15EBD59E8ED2.jpeg A5C9646B-9775-4484-A894-315BF6FF561C.jpeg

This is my lil indian. Markus said that it could be a 64. The numbers were ground off so i cant get an exact year or model. View attachment 236645 View attachment 236646
Yes that's the model I had.. pretty sure I was in 6th grade.(1966) There was snow on the ground, I can remember that and it was really cold on that first ride, but I was in heaven and the temperature meant nothing to me. They told me take it easy , I opened up the throttle full blast and gunned off ,my aunt had a fit... my uncle and I told her that we toned-down the engine. But we didn't LOL. That's a great bike for restoration. .
I'm not doubting it's a 64 and if it was I believe it would have come with a Clinton as the Briggs & Stratton was new in 66? Markus would know more than myself, even though I had one. I sure appreciate all of the advice and identification help that Marcus has provided for everyone here on OldMiniBikes. And Kudos out there to HavasuDave and Manchester1 as well. Hopefully I'll be able to meet you folks in person someday. Phxminiguy52.. by the way 52 is the age I started collecting mini bikes I'm 64 now.

MCF2891

Yes that's the model I had.. pretty sure I was in 6th grade.(1966) There was snow on the ground, I can remember that and it was really cold on that first ride, but I was in heaven and the temperature meant nothing to me. They told me take it easy , I opened up the throttle full blast and gunned off ,my aunt had a fit... my uncle and I told her that we toned-down the engine. But we didn't LOL. That's a great bike for restoration. .
I'm not doubting it's a 64 and if it was I believe it would have come with a Clinton as the Briggs & Stratton was new in 66? Markus would know more than myself, even though I had one. I sure appreciate all of the advice and identification help that Marcus has provided for everyone here on OldMiniBikes. And Kudos out there to HavasuDave and Manchester1 as well. Hopefully I'll be able to meet you folks in person someday. Phxminiguy52.. by the way 52 is the age I started collecting mini bikes I'm 64 now.
Thats a great back story man! Im 19 now and soon to be 20 in march ive strted out with mini bikes with i was around 10 or 11. My first mini was a cat 300x. And i still got it. Im now glad im back into the hobby, i forgot how much i missed building theses. I am actually trying to find a clinton engine for the lil indian. I found a couple on ebay but they were local pick-up only on the east coast. But ill give it some time and im sure ill find one.

Thats a great back story man! Im 19 now and soon to be 20 in march ive strted out with mini bikes with i was around 10 or 11. My first mini was a cat 300x. And i still got it. Im now glad im back into the hobby, i forgot how much i missed building theses. I am actually trying to find a clinton engine for the lil indian. I found a couple on ebay but they were local pick-up only on the east coast. But ill give it some time and im sure ill find one.
Here's a few pics from some old brochures I've collected over the years. One for your Trojan and one for your little Indian. Screenshot_2018-11-25-17-52-14.png Screenshot_2018-11-25-17-51-56.png 20181125_174359.jpg

MCF2891

Looks good! Planning on painting it? How do you like the tires? Thinking of getting either those of the Coker trails for my BC1100
Yeah I’m gonna get it all built and tested first. Then it’s gonna get torn down and sent over to my buddy’s paint shop. These tires will do for now and they aren’t bad. I was trying to find a set of generals but no luck. And I’ve never heard of cocker trails.