Vintage Bonanza bc1300

I did some experiments with the white walls; prepped tires differently, different tape, brush on flex seal, actual white wall paint.

After a lot of trial and error, spray on flex seal was by far the best option. Also sanding the surface of the tire a bit. I also used frog tape on 1 side of one tire. I think blue masking tape was the best and just trimming the excess flex seal off that bleed under the tape.

Attachments

Here is what the tool kit is from. Did you get the tools? This is my 1968 Hodaka Ace 100. View attachment 239049 View attachment 239050
Very cool! I was wondering what it came off of. I did not get the tools, unfortunately. I was just going to put some old personal tools in there. I’ve gotten stuck out at a couple rat rod fest at the furthest point from my car lol, luckily I’ve had some people help me out. It’s will be nice to have a few basic tools with me at all times

Very cool! I was wondering what it came off of. I did not get the tools, unfortunately. I was just going to put some old personal tools in there. I’ve gotten stuck out at a couple rat rod fest at the furthest point from my car lol, luckily I’ve had some people help me out. It’s will be nice to have a few basic tools with me at all times
Did you figure out how to open it? I had my hodaka for months before I figured out how to open it.....lol. I am missing the original tools also. Watching your build. I have been thinking about a steam punk themed mini.

Did you figure out how to open it? I had my hodaka for months before I figured out how to open it.....lol. I am missing the original tools also. Watching your build. I have been thinking about a steam punk themed mini.
Awesome, thanks, I’m really getting excited about this build. I did figure out how to open it, it did take me a bit lol. That would be a great theme for a bike, I’m not creative enough to pull the steam punk theme off lol

Got it as a roller, I need to clean the bike up still (clean the white walls from my dirty fingers, touch up a couple chips). Also need to get some pins for the foot pegs, and the set of covers I had put back were too big for them so I need to order a set.

I love the way this bike is turning out!!

Goal is to get it to pinstripe as soon as I can, I’d love to to take the bike to world of wheels this year. I know a few rat rod guys who have offered up throwing it in the back of their pickup for the show.

The seat was made by Karen, couldn’t be happier with it (or any other seat she has made for me!). Really love her work!
8C9B3AB9-BDE8-4810-BFD3-911115A1F6CD.jpeg 276144D9-B3CB-4FC2-813E-3F7804CC6644.jpeg