BONANZA BC1300

sonerenos

Contemplating letting this one go to fund other things. Not my restoration, but a nice one from several years back. I purchased this bike recently with anticipation of putting a HODAKA in it to have myself a pretty rare BC1300SH, but other things have gotten in the way (as of now) and I am reluctant to say I am thinking this one will be an easy sell.

I have to say this bike has probably the cleanest parts I have ever seen on a Bonanza. The wheels are burnished, the tires have no cracking and hold air, forks are straight, chrome is probably overkill but it fits the bike, paint is a repaint of the original Bonanza blue, new seat, new sprocket and brake, under seat tank mount, new correct jackshaft, all new bushings and bearings.

IMG_7899 (002).jpg IMG_7900 (002).jpg IMG_7901 (002).jpg IMG_7902 (002).jpg IMG_7904 (002).jpg IMG_7905 (002).jpg IMG_7906 (002).jpg

JUST KIDDING...

These bikes are not only getting harder to find in complete restore-able condition, but people are asking way too much money for them now when you do come across them. It makes it no fun to build a bike, enjoy it, then sell it to fund another project. Your constantly upside down in today's market. Now to find another E-code HODAKA for this bike so I can make my dream come true. Still need one for the CR500 chopper too.

Lizardking

Contemplating letting this one go to fund other things. Not my restoration, but a nice one from several years back. I purchased this bike recently with anticipation of putting a HODAKA in it to have myself a pretty rare BC1300SH, but other things have gotten in the way (as of now) and I am reluctant to say I am thinking this one will be an easy sell.

I have to say this bike has probably the cleanest parts I have ever seen on a Bonanza. The wheels are burnished, the tires have no cracking and hold air, forks are straight, chrome is probably overkill but it fits the bike, paint is a repaint of the original Bonanza blue, new seat, new sprocket and brake, under seat tank mount, new correct jackshaft, all new bushings and bearings.

View attachment 285716 View attachment 285717 View attachment 285718 View attachment 285719 View attachment 285720 View attachment 285721 View attachment 285722

JUST KIDDING...

These bikes are not only getting harder to find in complete restore-able condition, but people are asking way too much money for them now when you do come across them. It makes it no fun to build a bike, enjoy it, then sell it to fund another project. Your constantly upside down in today's market. Now to find another E-code HODAKA for this bike so I can make my dream come true. Still need one for the CR500 chopper too.
Lol... Clean example indeed. You'd be lucky to find them for yesteryear prices for sure!

You need to come to socal where they fall from trees!! Lol

sonerenos

Lol... Clean example indeed. You'd be lucky to find them for yesteryear prices for sure!

You need to come to socal where they fall from trees!! Lol
i just moved out of that communist state, no intention of ever going back. before you were entertained by minibikes, i was bringing them home by the truckloads.

that is a nice bike. is that kick stand original to that?
i would say no, I havent paid much attention but i dont think i have ever seen that style on a Bonanza. this bike was purchased as is by me, the seller had done a fantastic job at putting this together properly. he is a member on here that hasnt been around for a while, but deserves all the credit.

Lizardking

i just moved out of that communist state, no intention of ever going back. before you were entertained by minibikes, i was bringing them home by the truckloads.

i would say no, I havent paid much attention but i dont think i have ever seen that style on a Bonanza. this bike was purchased as is by me, the seller had done a fantastic job at putting this together properly. he is a member on here that hasnt been around for a while, but deserves all the credit.
I know you used to live here so you know how diverse and plentiful the mini bikes are here.

I've read your truck load hauls before and they were cool. No one is disputing that you're a veteran at this.

sonerenos

Those rear shocks look like the ones Scooterboy made. I have a set and they are nice but don't have the taper like the originals.
good eye! your absolutely correct. I dont se it being fees-able to purchase the "other reproduction bonanza shocks" that are available today. if this bike had been missing them, absollutely, but i feel marks shocks do justice.