bonanza bike

delray

pick up a bonanza bike awhile back and i finally got around to take some pictures of it this sunday afternoon.:doah:
got couple question about the year(68?) and the model or i should say what model could i turn it into. would it be a bc1200 up to the 1300 models with what i have. i do have the parts to make it into a tecumseh with a front mount steel tank like a bc1200 model. also been looking at a hodaka motor for it,but there is to many little problems with it for the price he is asking and also it has a P 13??? stamp in it and not a E. from the strictlyhodaka.com web site the id info said all bonanza have the letter E stamp.
i am little rusty on the bonanza bikes? so what model do i have. is there anything that can pin point the correct model from my pictures i posted. there is only one thing that i can tell that was added on. someone welded a small piece of steel on one of the control brackets:doah: should be easy to take off:grind:and someone repainted over the original blue too:doah:and the rear tire is not correct?

You probably have a BC1200. A BC 1300 had 530/450 x 6 tires and a BC 1200 had 410/350 x 6 tires. BC1200 had a Tec 3.5 and a BC 1300 had 4 and 5 hp Tec's.
The back tire does not look original,but the front does. Nice !

delray

thanks bigevilone2 ,if it comes down to the tire size, what model it is? i am happy with that:thumbsup: looking at the brochures pictures and info is kind of hard to read the spec sheet.
BONANZA MODELS ID & BROCHURES

i did find one picture that backs up what you said about 3.5hp. not sure if it is original or not?:shrug:bike looks repainted and has the larger tires on it.
3.5hp motors have the intake on the right and this one does:thumbsup: 4hp on the left side. i do have one 3.5hp motor that would work if need to use:thumbsup:
right below the hodaka engine blue bike.
BONANZA MINIBIKES

minibikedude, bonanza bikes here in the midwest are kind of hard to find. i just don't see alot of them here.:shrug: