Bonanza E Engines

mustangfrank

Has anyone found any references to what serial number ranges by year of "E" Ace engines Bonanza used? I'm trying to track down E engines that could have been correct for the last two original Bonanza Hodaka rollers I own that are missing engines. I've got one reference to ALL E serial numbers by engine type that I use to get me in the "city" but I'd like to get it closer or in the "ballpark".

Attachments

PABATCO that imported Hodaka motors records aren't that well preserved for the motors in bikes let alone crate E-code motors. No motors really matched frame numbers. E-motors were crate motors so looking for Bonanza records and don't those that accurate either. You can always polish off and stamp what number suits you.

mustangfrank

PABATCO that imported Hodaka motors records aren't that well preserved for the motors in bikes let alone crate E-code motors. No motors really matched frame numbers. E-motors were crate motors so looking for Bonanza records and don't those that accurate either. You can always polish off and stamp what number suits you.
I realize exact usage isn't available, I was hoping to find something that might list the total E engines sold (cumulative?) by years or even just total, something to roughly estimate a serial number to a year or two, like you can do with a P engine for the cycles.

I think the lowest number I've seen is E54XX and the highest E24XXX, but my experience is limited. I own a couple, E102XX and E124XX, it would be cool to estimate the years those were produced.

Good afternoon. Just a quick follow up to see if you ever found the info you were looking for? We see an original Bonanza with engine # in range of 6300. We also have a few e-code motors and it would be great to match for period correct on other bikes that used the Hodaka e-motor.

mustangfrank

Good afternoon. Just a quick follow up to see if you ever found the info you were looking for? We see an original Bonanza with engine # in range of 6300. We also have a few e-code motors and it would be great to match for period correct on other bikes that used the Hodaka e-motor.
Nothing with more detail but I had a couple conversations that gave me a rough idea of what would have been on my frames at least.

Any e-code engines available?

Has anyone found any references to what serial number ranges by year of "E" Ace engines Bonanza used? I'm trying to track down E engines that could have been correct for the last two original Bonanza Hodaka rollers I own that are missing engines. I've got one reference to ALL E serial numbers by engine type that I use to get me in the "city" but I'd like to get it closer or in the "ballpark".
4DB4BEC9-656C-41C5-95A3-F499510AC6EB.jpeg That’s the # on my Bonanza. I got 2 more E Codes but don’t know there origins and they are not for sale.

Last edited: