Bonanza front forks.

Okay guys, I need your help again. Any tips or tricks to remove the front lower forks from the uppers on a bonanza mini bike? Thanks in advance.

I've done this before... First use tons of penetrating oil(I used pb blaster). Let it sit. After a few days I heated the top of the forks very gently. I placed the lower fork tub in a vice and twisted and pulled clockwise. Tapping the fork the whole time with hammer. Rinse and repeat..... It will come out!

I've done this before... First use tons of penetrating oil(I used pb blaster). Let it sit. After a few days I heated the top of the forks very gently. I placed the lower fork tub in a vice and twisted and pulled clockwise. Tapping the fork the whole time with hammer. Rinse and repeat..... It will come out!
Thanks so much Ken! I’m going to give this a shot this weekend. I have a feeling it’s going to be a chore. They are in there good and solid. Sean.

joshua. c.

the way I've done this in the past is to buy a new bolt and put it in the bottom of the fork tube where the axle goes, un bolt anything holding the forks together, soak the tube in penetrating oil and get hammering at the bolt. hitting it quite hard. the bolt takes all the damage and the fork slides out slowly. it usually take lass than an hour and I have it apart. I've done this on 2 bikes now with success. and its less damaging then adding heat. 1 of the 2 bikes was a bonanza.

the way I've done this in the past is to buy a new bolt and put it in the bottom of the fork tube where the axle goes, un bolt anything holding the forks together, soak the tube in penetrating oil and get hammering at the bolt. hitting it quite hard. the bolt takes all the damage and the fork slides out slowly. it usually take lass than an hour and I have it apart. I've done this on 2 bikes now with success. and its less damaging then adding heat. 1 of the 2 bikes was a bonanza.
Thanks Joshua! Can’t wait to try all these great tips. Thanks again for the help.

That sounds like a much better way! Good idea. I never thought of that!

Watch the hammering, from the way I understand some fork lower removal, sometimes each individual side must be 'turned' out as if they are threaded.

Please note though, this is just from what I have read, as the lowers I worked with, were bolted as Josh describes.

Watch the hammering, from the way I understand some fork lower removal, sometimes each individual side must be 'turned' out as if they are threaded.

Please note though, this is just from what I have read, as the lowers I worked with, were bolted as Josh describes.
Thanks Robert, I will definitely try turning them out first. Appreciate it!

Hi Ken. I got them out, thanks. It was actually very easy. I sprayed them down with WD-40 and let them sit overnight. I twisted back and forth a couple of times and they ended up pulling out. Pleasantly surprised! Thanks again.

Hi Ken. I got them out, thanks. It was actually very easy. I sprayed them down with WD-40 and let them sit overnight. I twisted back and forth a couple of times and they ended up pulling out. Pleasantly surprised! Thanks again.
Cool!!! I love Bonanza bikes! My very first one was a 1300 about 43 yrs. ago!!!!