Bonanza help

Picked this bonanza up recently. Original owner says it had a hodaka when they bought it but it got trashed pretty bad years ago. Gonna see him again in a few days to get the original paperwork from when they bought it from the shop. Can you guys tell me what model this is and also if there was a similar model that had a tecumseh? Are those rear shocks original or replacements?

Attachments

markus

Picked this bonanza up recently. Original owner says it had a hodaka when they bought it but it got trashed pretty bad years ago. Gonna see him again in a few days to get the original paperwork from when they bought it from the shop. Can you guys tell me what model this is and also if there was a similar model that had a tecumseh? Are those rear shocks original or replacements?

The BC 1400 T was the Tecumseh powered version of that bike. Its the one pictured on their 1969 BC parts lists. Your looks like its the 1969 due to the Bonanza brake unit and not a Bendix brake. Does not appear to have the reinforcement bracket under the headtube so I would think early 69 version of the bike as I thought that was coming in during 1969, might be able to pull date codes off the carlilse's they look possibly OG,

IMG_1895.JPG