Bonanza Hodaka Complete Bike Nice !Ace 100

capguncowboy

That's a beautiful bike. Looks very well done. However, one thing caught my attention. He said he used a 3/4" jackshaft "for longer life". I've never seen a 5/8" jackshaft wear out...

I guess if you have to ask the price you really don't want a bike like that, it's likely $2500 or better. Sure is a well put together bike, I'd be afraid to ride it for fear I'd damage it somehow.

I guess if you have to ask the price you really don't want a bike like that, it's likely $2500 or better. Sure is a well put together bike, I'd be afraid to ride it for fear I'd damage it somehow.
didn't make reserve. It wasn't original with the E code correct motor. Still it was a very nice mini bike.

Moon rocks rarely meet their reserve price, and this one with the HD 3/4" jackshaft and wrong engine is certainly not worth as much as the owner believes it to be. Still it's a damn nice minibike, someone spent some $ getting it that nice and on that we can all agree.
didn't make reserve. It wasn't original with the E code correct motor. Still it was a very nice mini bike.

Why dont you buy a real one? There out there.
What makes it real? The e on the engine? I have seen them with the round fuel tank and the fiber glass top mounted tank. The fiber glass will not hold up to the California summer blend. Is there serial numbers for that bike that will tell you it came with an ace 100 engine? Thank you

The e code engine for one. If it wasn't restored you can look and see if it had marks where the hodaka engine plate mounted. You can't tell from the serial number. The earlier hodaka bonanzas with the under seat chrome tank were introduced in 1966 and came out in '67 with an ace 90 and with an ace 100 in '68. In '69 they discontinued the bc1300sh with the hodaka and introduced the bc1500sh with an ace 100 and the fiberglass tank. You can get ethonal free gas, line the tank or just drain the tank when your done.

What makes it real? The e on the engine? I have seen them with the round fuel tank and the fiber glass top mounted tank. The fiber glass will not hold up to the California summer blend. Is there serial numbers for that bike that will tell you it came with an ace 100 engine? Thank you
bonanza used E code motors that were replacement motors . The hodaka dirt bikes had different serial numbers. I am not an expert on this . Dave Miller in So Cal is. I bought an original one . They come around on CL and the Bay. Good Luck!

george3

The e code engine for one. If it wasn't restored you can look and see if it had marks where the hodaka engine plate mounted. You can't tell from the serial number. The earlier hodaka bonanzas with the under seat chrome tank were introduced in 1966 and came out in '67 with an ace 90 and with an ace 100 in '68. In '69 they discontinued the bc1300sh with the hodaka and introduced the bc1500sh with an ace 100 and the fiberglass tank. You can get ethonal free gas, line the tank or just drain the tank when your done.
Thats nice to know. How do you explane this 69 BC1500sh? The earlier bikes were BC1300S And yes you have to caswell the tanks or the glass and resin Will go in the engine. I stuck an intake on a briggs from that issue. Its much cleaner now.

George I don't know what you mean. I just said they discontinued the bc1300sh in 69 and introduced the bc1500sh. Yes the bc1500sh came out in 69. That looks like an early bike with the bendix brakes, chrome shocks and generals.

Last edited: