Bonanza Light Kit

dwarfbike

I have never had a light kit for a mini bike. I am building a Bonanza right now and plan to put a kit on that bike. Are the headlights hi/low beam? Was the rear a taillight or taillight/brake light? Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

Strictly Hodaka, now Hodaka Parts had the wiring harnesses for the BC models. Not sure if the chopper models used a different one. The tail light was also a brake light. The switches are available on E Bay. I’m sure The Bonanza Gurus will provide more information.

markus

check out post #2 by AJF in this thread below for a shot of a brake light switch mounted on a jackshafted chopper. GenuineNOS on ebay usually has the original switch with correct bracket:

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...ke-light-switch-rivet-pin-replacement.153275/

The aftermarket/copies emgos can be modified too but on the chopper since it mounts on the framerail I would use an original or make a strap that clears the rivet....for less paint damage at least. They are fine on a BC style and have a tight budget, but the rivet end would end up digging into the frame, damage will be done no matter what but less the better :)

Original is loose, On of the markusmade "ghetto fabulous" cheapskate altered switches I did is mounted on the plate, note the difference in the U bracket shape on the switch side.

Backside of my altered one