Bonanza long jackshaft 1400 series

markus

Looking for a long (10 3/4") Bonanza jackshaft for the 1400/1410 style bikes used with the outboard sprocket. mine is still useable if I reverse the way it sat (the bearings ate into it a little bit over the years) but would like a new one, and I dont think I will be able to make the cuts for the c clips with what I have tools here.

thanks

125ccCrazy

I made my own using 5/8 keyed jackshaft.. cut it to length, chucked it in the drill press with 5/8" locking collars for a guide, took a hacksaw blade and cut the grooves for the clips and it was done... Kind of backwoods engineering but they worked out great..

markus

I made my own using 5/8 keyed jackshaft.. cut it to length, chucked it in the drill press with 5/8" locking collars for a guide, took a hacksaw blade and cut the grooves for the clips and it was done... Kind of backwoods engineering but they worked out great..

I dont have a drill press, but I bet I could do it on a frame or through a wheel hub clamped in the vise or something same kinda way (or at least mess one up trying :wink:) I just need one clean side, the other will be hidden by the chainguard :laugh:

If sly dont have a spare I may give that a shot!!! thanks for the great idea :thumbsup:

I've cut them before with a thin 4" diamond blade on a hand grinder. Chucked the shaft in an electric hand drill, clamped it down with a foot, and then touched the blade to it while it turned in the drill. Made a pretty clean cut and quick.

I suppose I hack saw blade like 125 used would work well like this too though. You just need a drill with a 3/4" chuck...

But yes, a lot easier if you can find one...lol

Last edited:
Sorry Mark, i don't have one. The jack-shaft i have that is the long style is on a early go power frame. It will be do short for the later frame. I tryed.