Bonanza MX Resto-MOD

buckeye

Well,the Bonanza MX is complete. I had Rich Phillips Leather here in St.Louis cover the seat. I'm very happy with the whole bike. Black and white turned out super clean. Torque is good out of the hole, very manageable. This is definitely a cruiser. Black mamba cam really lights when you are cruising and nail it. Front end gets pretty light.
Thanks for all the nice compliments.

Nice clean build.

Awesome!!! Bonanza MX resto-mod I have 2 of them that I'm working on at the same time 1 is a resto-mod like yours, it has a built World Formula on it built by legendary go kart engine builder Steve Nash, the other one I'm building is all original it has a completely rebuilt Ace 100 hodaka engine on it built by the World famous Vintage motorcycle restorer/engine builder Lee Fabry. I will post pics soon. I have to say, you have a very beautiful bike take care of it.

Awesome!!! Bonanza MX resto-mod I have 2 of them that I'm working on at the same time 1 is a resto-mod like yours, it has a built World Formula on it built by legendary go kart engine builder Steve Nash, the other one I'm building is all original it has a completely rebuilt Ace 100 hodaka engine on it built by the World famous Vintage motorcycle restorer/engine builder Lee Fabry. I will post pics soon. I have to say, you have a very beautiful bike take care of it.
Sounds like you have a couple of really nice bikes on the way. Looking forward to seeing them. This has probably been my favorite bike to work on. My 13 year old son was there every day. He had lots of input on the direction we should head with it and deserves a lot of credit. He would even call me on the way home and make sure we were going to be working on it that evening.

6doggie3

Great build you have there! Nice combination of colors with the frame and wheels matching the stripes to the fuel hose with the decal?
Some times you just have to build them the way you want instead of putting them back stock!

Great build you have there! Nice combination of colors with the frame and wheels matching the stripes to the fuel hose with the decal?
Some times you just have to build them the way you want instead of putting them back stock!
6doggie3, the Bonanza lettering on the tank was painted on. There was a stencil applied and then removed after it was sprayed.