Bonanza? or something else?

I just got this frame from my cousin. The only thing i can use to identify it is a number etched into the handlebars, on the plate where it attaches to the frame. The number is B3868-39. Couldn't find anything on Google. It looks most like a Bonanza, but so many manufacturers at the time made a bike, so its hard to tell.
Anyone got any ideas?
Also, i did not get the engine with the frame, i had it before i got the frame

Attachments

Judging by the engine plate, fork design and fender mounts I would say it is a Lomart Cheeftah. Your forks are just missing the removable fork plate and someone cut off the swing arm mounts.

Last edited:
The Pride of Brooklyn! I don't think that is a factory serial number somebody scratched that in there maybe to register it with the police in case it got stolen. Might have matched a number on the paperwork or something. Most of us that had mini bikes were busy running from the police.

Last edited:

Street Smart

The Pride of Brooklyn! I don't think that is a factory serial number somebody scratched that in there maybe to register it with the police in case it got stolen. Might have matched a number on the paperwork or something. Most of us that had mini bikes were busy running from the police.
Ahhh the good old days.