Bonanza project

old shed finds

I have installed them before. They worked great....very little effort with hand to stop.But!! On one of the tote gotes Sherpa the rear chain came off and on a steep downhill ride we had to hook a sharp right and fly off into sagebrush. ..
It was more less fun and funny that's how our hobby goes....
Got back to camp and tighten chain and rode all day again..

gbabins1

The bands are on the clutch's? What set up do you like the best? I might skip the 5" drum.

Sorry Doug, just saw this. Yes my band is on the clutch itself. I made my own set up / bracket. If you'd like I can post a picture tonight when I get home? I've used this same set up on a few of my bikes, works very well.

Sorry Doug, just saw this. Yes my band is on the clutch itself. I made my own set up / bracket. If you'd like I can post a picture tonight when I get home? I've used this same set up on a few of my bikes, works very well.
Thanks, but I just ordered the setup from OldMiniBikes. I need a clutch guard also which is included. It was kind of nerve wracking riding the first time with no brakes!

Did you ever get the brake setup together? In my personal experience I would much rather use a drum brake on the rear wheel over a band brake. A properly aligned and setup drum brake will lock up the rear wheel at any speed with minimal effort