bonanza replica vented gas gauge fuel cap

markus

read before you buy!!!!!!!!!

Couple of years ago I decided to try and make a Bonanza style vented gas gauge fuel cap like the MX's used. Problem is the late model made fuel caps have a thread pitch that does not mesh well with the original fuel necks that were glassed into the Bonanza fuel tanks. BUT the Briggs and stratton filler necks match the thread pitch of the newer caps, which is what is usually the neck of choice when the guys were making repro fuel tanks. For this reason I decided not to make these as the cost for me to do them was not inexpensive and its a time consuming job using currently made parts.

So again, this will only fit briggs metal filler necks on the repro made MX tanks this will also work with the plastic Tecumseh tanks as the pitch is more lax in those. Does not work with Tecumseh metal tanks though (they have the same pitch as what Bonanza used in their tanks) Just to make this more confusing the original gas caps will fit the briggs neck but the new made caps won't fit the old thread pitch necks.

Reason I am offering this cap right now is currently there is a repro tank listed on ebay right now, and it is listed as having a briggs filler neck installed. (eBay item number: 333150990708) so if someone is going for that and needs a cap or has a previously made repro from someone like evil ed and know for sure its a Briggs neck Here you go. Or if you are doing one of the 70's model scout style with the plastic tank and want one for that......

$64 shipped (cap only tanks are shown for reference only!!!!!)

On a Brigs tank to show fitment of threads

tecumseh plastic tank fitment