Bonanza save

I have been gathering parts to build a Bonanza. I have 3 junky frames and 4 junky forks:laugh::laugh: I think the frame I have picked to save is a 1400:shrug: So far I have grinded off about 5 pounds of extra parts:laugh: The next major thing I need to do is replace some frame rails. GuardrailDave was kind enough to give me some old bonanza pieces:thumbsup: (forgot your cheese burger:doah:). I could use a few measurements on the seat brackets to see if they are in the correct spot:biggrin: This will be a nice rider, no show bike.

Thanks Tippy:thumbsup:
I'm going to make some plugs for the frame tubes from this fork leg that took me 3 days to beat, heat, soak to get it out. Looks like somebody was chewing on it, thats not from me:laugh::laugh:

markus

Hey, that actually looks kinda neat like that :shrug:

I thought I had a measurement from the back on my 1400/1500 I had but its this instead, May still help. the spacing on yours looks right for the fiberglass seat. The 1300 and under seats I think the tab is closer to where they weld the frame tubes together. I think the shock mounts are higher up as well on the 1400/1500 bikes to maybe.

Last edited:
Thanks Markus. It did look kinda neat but was crooked:doah: Thanks for the measurement, I think I'm missing one of those brackets:doah: Heck, I'm not even sure what frame it is but I'm fixing it.:laugh::laugh:

buckeye

Nice project. It will be nice for you to do a fun build.
Clone it!!! I went to the other side on my Trail Horse.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice project. It will be nice fir you to do a fun build.
Clone it!!! I went to the other side on my Trail Horse.:thumbsup:
:laugh::laugh:
After further research, I think the frame is a BC1500. You can tell the bike had a hodaka:rolleyes: I'm studying the Bonanza litature:laugh:
Guess I need a seat pan:doah:

:thumbsup:

Wish I had a Nanza to save... One day... I have kidney beans and fenders, may have to do it one piece at a time.

Will be watching!