Bonanza Scout MB-250

This one's for you Scooterboy!!:hammer:

This is my modified Bonanza Scout MB-250 serial 100-6628
I changed a few things hope you all approve.:shrug:

The first thing that had to go was the scrub brake.. I still have the brake assembly but choose to got with a Bendix 5" drum..
The other thing I changed was the tire size went from the original 4.10/3.50-6
to 5.30/4.50-6 front and rear..
It is still far from being complete the motor will be the next on the list for this project..

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited:
Now thats lookin GOOD!!!
Thanks Jeff
Needs your MAGIC touch on the motor though.:grind:

Looks killer! I dig the small I.D. tags used on those models.

Thanks Casey
Scooterboy has been after me to finish something for longer then I can count..:doah:
Not quite there yet but closer!!
Yeah the small ID tag is a nice touch I was lucky to find it still on the bike when I purchased it a number of years ago..:thumbsup:

here's one that I've had for almost 25 yrs now...it's either a MB300 ? that came from the factory with a 2-1/2 hp or a MB 250 that came from the factory with sprung front forks :shrug:

it was an all original survivor I got from the 2nd owner...I put the new grips and lame blackpipe exhaust on it

I'm in the process now of just cleaning it and putting back on the original cherry grips, exhaust pipe etc so it's just as I found it.....

oldfatguy

quote,
They sure are OFG!! Brothers from a different mother.
What color orange did you use?

I used mopar orange engine paint. chevy orange would work too. I was able to find the original color under the hand grip. I see that your bike has folding foot pegs, are they original ? mine don't fold

oldfatguy

here's one that I've had for almost 25 yrs now...it's either a MB300 that came from the factory with a 2-1/2 hp or a MB 250 that came from the factory with sprung front forks :shrug:

it was an all original survivor I got from the 2nd owner...I put the new grips and lame blackpipe exhaust on it

I don't think your bike is an mb250, it's one of the next models up because it has a drum brake and front springs. The mb250 frame uses 7/8" tubing all the others were 1" the frame dimensions were smaller too then a regular bonanza frame.

That looks GREAT BAB !! I really like the bigger tire choice.

I gotta ask...."How in the hell did you straighten that fork:wink:
Thanks Scooter
My first thought was to write BONDO and a keen eye...But alass I must confess.. There's a really nice guy with a small but modest shop in Oregon who does fantastic work he repaired them for me but it cost me an arm and a leg!! :wink:

:laugh: Bryan

I wish it were that simple..:grind:

here's one that I've had for almost 25 yrs now...it's either a MB300 that came from the factory with a 2-1/2 hp or a MB 250 that came from the factory with sprung front forks :shrug:it was an all original survivor I got from the 2nd owner...I put the new grips and lame blackpipe exhaust on it.
I'm in the process now of just cleaning it and putting back on the original cherry grips, exhaust pipe etc so it's just as I found it...

AWESOME survivor KKKid!!
I dug this out frome my Bonanza Brochures thought you might like it.:thumbsup:
Thanks for posting pictures of your Bonanza Scout MB-300

here's one that I've had for almost 25 yrs now...it's either a MB300 that came from the factory with a 2-1/2 hp or a MB 250 that came from the factory with sprung front forks :shrug:

I don't think your bike is an mb250, it's one of the next models up because it has a drum brake and front springs. The mb250 frame uses 7/8" tubing all the others were 1" the frame dimensions were smaller too then a regular bonanza frame.

but mine is 7/8" tubing....:shrug:

oldfatguy

It looks like the mb300 has same frame as the 250 but is up graded with drum brakes and front springs. That bike matches the sales ad perfectly, I can't wait to see it finished and restored.