Bonanza Scout project.

Went and got this one Wednesday. I've already started on it. Seems to have some clutch issues. Takes off really slow but once you get it wound out it's fine. I.D. tag is missing from the motor plate. Maybe the Bonanza gurus can give me some info such as an approximate year?

Wicked cool. I have that 3hp Briggs and like it a lot.
Thanks Motorboy. Motor starts first pull and runs great. Think I'll just clean up the motor and concentrate on the frame. Forks are a little tweaked so I have to straighten those and I'll paint the frame as well.

Nice project Salt.

Dupont paint code 4602LH is a very decent "competition orange" you can get in single stage. Looks like that's what came on them from the brochure.

I used rattle can chevy orange..Reminds me I need to buy a few more cans..lol
ran out in the middle of painting the frame :scared: ..so nobody look to closely :doah:

I used rattle can chevy orange..Reminds me I need to buy a few more cans..lol
ran out in the middle of painting the frame :scared: ..so nobody look to closely :doah:
Chevy orange is something I know alot about. Both my hotrods have small block Chevy's painted orange. However I have noticed that different brands of paint are a different shade of orange. (Dupli-color etc.) seems to vary from one manufacturer to another. Happen to remember which one you used? Thanks again buddy!

Dave
thats a sweet looking color!!
Might have to repaint the MB250 :doah:
:thumbsup: Everyone who saw that orange bike thought it was the best color I'd done, compared with the purple, red and green bikes I've done. By far, a crowd pleaser.

Good coverage with that paint, and application was a cinch, even for a novice like myself. Those Bonanzas would look good I think.

:thumbsup: Everyone who saw that orange bike thought it was the best color I'd done, compared with the purple, red and green bikes I've done. By far, a crowd pleaser.

Good coverage with that paint, and application was a cinch, even for a novice like myself. Those Bonanzas would look good I think.
Agree'd! :thumbsup: