Bonanza Springs, How to press them on?

I bought the front and rear suspension parts from OldMiniBikes.

I called OldMiniBikes and asked how to press the springs on the lowers, shock and retainers. I was told by their Tech, "Power and Patience" ... so I guess he has never done it before.

Any one done this before?

I will take them to work tonight and have a stab at it.

markus

I have always sort of threaded the ends on the spring, Ive put the spring in a vice with just enough sticking out to clear the end of the lower or plug and then a screwdriver through the bolt hole or axle bolt through the bottom of the lower to twist with.

I bought the front and rear suspension parts from OldMiniBikes.

I called OldMiniBikes and asked how to press the springs on the lowers, shock and retainers. I was told by their Tech, "Power and Patience" ... so I guess he has never done it before.

Any one done this before?

I will take them to work tonight and have a stab at it.
"Power and Patience" is a pretty good way of explaining it, you have to physically torque them on and it isn't easy but it can be done, I did mine.

I have always sort of threaded the ends on the spring, Ive put the spring in a vice with just enough sticking out to clear the end of the lower or plug and then a screwdriver through the bolt hole or axle bolt through the bottom of the lower to twist with.
Ditto. And use some grease or WD40. I found that job to be a bit of a challenge.:laugh::laugh:

Thanks markus, roccosbike and manchester1 for the quick replies. I checked them before attempting it.
I thought I would try a different approach, brute force!
The following is a picture of how I did it. It worked well for all mating pieces.

My Ipod takes poor pictures but you get the idea. A brass hammer was used to hit the top with a shop rag folded over several times on top of the chrome.
For the fork legs a 5/8 hardened dowel was placed in the tube end.