Bonanza Tank mounting

Hello all,

I searched around here and google but I am having trouble find good pictures of how the round Bonanza tanks mounts in the back.
Is there supposed to be a bar mounted on the seat that the hose clamps grab?
or
Are the the hose clamps just supposed to go around the frame?
Does the Tank rest hard on the frame?
Is the petcock supposed to be at the forward end?

Thank you,
Jules

So looking at more pictures its still hard to see, but I am going to assume if there is no bar welded to the frame it had an engine mounted tank for the earlier Bonanza bikes with the forward foot pegs?

Wbcor

Hi Jules.
there is a mount that is attached under the seat. There are reproductions avavable that I’ve seen on eBay. I’ll take a picture of mine (in progress) and post. Two large stainless steel hose clamps are used to hold the tank to the bracket.
Regards,
Bill

Midyrman

The correct tank has the fill hole on one end and petcock on the other. Clearly, the mounting has the fill hole at the back and petcock closest to the carb. I have a couple brackets. Not sure if repro but probably. If you want one, pay the shipping and I’ll send it.

Thanks to Midyrman for sending me a repop tank bracket. When placed on the frame there are clear wear marks on the frame where an original bracket may have sat there?
Did the Bonanza mini bikes with an engine mounted tank have a small piece of steel mounted to the seat pan just so it sat level? O would these wear marks only be from a seat mounted tank? I'll try to upload pics later, frame is in bad shape tho.