Bonanza

Hello,

Our Shriner group had purchased several Bonanza bikes. Since then due to age and other things, we have had to disband the mini-bike group. I know have 4 of them in my possesion, and I am trying to rebuild them. I am having issues trying to find a place to purchase parts, and I have no idea where to look or exactly what I have. I do not have pictures of them yet, but I did find the serial numbers of: 06 0843 and 80 5259 (these are the two that I am working on at this time). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

James

Welcome to OldMiniBikes!

I personally love bonanzas, they seem to me to be a bit easier of a bike then most to find parts for. You can look on eBay, Facebook groups and put out ads on OldMiniBikes for parts. OldMiniBikes warehouse used to have some repop bonanza parts available but I don’t think they have many anymore.

Once you get some pictures, post them up! It will be nice to see what you have to start with!

Welcome to OldMiniBikes!

I personally love bonanzas, they seem to me to be a bit easier of a bike then most to find parts for. You can look on eBay, Facebook groups and put out ads on OldMiniBikes for parts. OldMiniBikes warehouse used to have some repop bonanza parts available but I don’t think they have many anymore.

Once you get some pictures, post them up! It will be nice to see what you have to start with!
Thank you very much. I will get some pictures up soon, but the are not the most beautiful at this time. I may be able to find a couple where my father was riding that would show the true beauty of the bike. Needless to say he is not in the best of health. I want to get them back up and going soon so that he can see them, and his grandchildren riding them (he loved to ride them, in the Shrine parades and traveled the US doing so).. I have them stripped down now., but want to get them back up and running.
Thanks again for the help,
James

capguncowboy

Those are some nice starts for projects! Not a lot of rust to fight with.

What are you wanting to do with them? A factory restoration or a resto-mod ?

Thank you. All of them are in good shape (no or minimal rust). I have a total of 4. These two I am just trying to clean up and get in safe riding shape for my kids to start with and maintain the history. The other two I am going to do a 60 to 80 percent to how they where in the parades. I like a rustic used look on most items. When the kids get older then we will add some of the original parts that I took off to keep in good shape and put them back to parade specs.

Wow! You have four of those? Nice model Bonanza bikes to have. I like the extra chrome on the engine shrouds. I'm sure you're getting PM's with offers to buy them. lol
Thank you very much. I hope to have the pictures of them in their full beauty soon. I haven't received anything yet. Lol. It would have to be something very silly for an offer to even consider. They hold a tremendous amount of personal value. And memories.
I just need to find decent gas talks that are reasonable. Lol

Those are neat, to say the least !

I am glad to hear you mention preserving the history...please include saving the kosciusco's mini patrol tags.

If you don't want the tags I'd be happy to buy them from you.

fistfullabar

I am glad to hear you mention preserving the history...please include saving the kosciusco's mini patrol tags.

If you don't want the tags I'd be happy to buy them from you.[/QUOTE

If you don't want the tags I'd be happy to buy them from you.
what is kosciusco?

fistfullabar

Founder of West Point was owed 17,000£ by the us gov by end of the war. Let to free polish slaves(serfs) from the czars. Willed the money he was owed to free slaves in usa to buy land and farm equip plus edu to use. Wishes were never carried out while he was fighting the russians in poland. Gov was in debt after the revolutionary war and never paid him. Was a true freedom fighter who hated slavery.

Founder of West Point was owed 17,000£ by the us gov by end of the war. Let to free polish slaves(serfs) from the czars. Willed the money he was owed to free slaves in usa to buy land and farm equip plus edu to use. Wishes were never carried out while he was fighting the russians in poland. Gov was in debt after the revolutionary war and never paid him. Was a true freedom fighter who hated slavery.
Wow. Never knew that. As I grow older I appreciate history much more. True believer that if you do not know history it will repeat itself. Thank you

fistfullabar

You dont know him cause he was left out of history on purpose due to his anti-slave stance. In 1840 the cadets of west point offer 50$ gold coin for a design for a area known as his garden. His life story is amazing a true "rebel without a pause"! A true tactial mastermind!