Bonham Dune Gote

Well there has been some liberties taken over the years. Like the handlebars added to the top triple tree. And It must of had a rather large engine with the addition of a battery box I would assume a electric start and lights. The differential is a Haxco I had one on a Tri-Sport . The driven half of the torque converter is speed sensitive a common thing on Tote Gote products. The body looks like it was moved forward to fit the battery mount in behind the big motor.
Looks like a good trike to restore and fit up with a nice 7 or 8 HP engine.
Steve :scooter:

Judging by the handlebars and battery box, this is a Super Gote. They were made in both 5hp and 8hp models. You should be able to tell the difference by the bolt spacing on the motor mount. I've sent you pics of the 5hp. If I need to, I could find 8hp pics. The Super Gote had electric start, head light, signal lights and horn. Was probably 1970.

Last edited:
They also made a Dune Gote that looked just like this. It had the ape hangers, the tall bars in the back and some even had a horn. Like dik said they also had a Super Gote. But I am pretty sure this is just a Dune Gote. I have a few pics, if you want to see them PM me.

WOW Richard : Great pictures that you have and YES any more pictures of this Trike would help and be aprecieated. Boy you sure have the correct information for all the Tote Gote machines.

Looking at the picture of your trike Frank is not doing me any favors LOL Then the real pretty pictures that Richard pops up with is just pushing my trike overload limiter.
Just Trike crazy I guess. The motor plate looks like it has been doubled up and sits on a weird angle.

It's just steel....anything can be corrected! :shrug:......I may build this thing or sell it for the first 300.00 cash to the person that shows up at my door! Frank.

Hearing the name Frank, made me post these pictures. I named this Frankenstein because he had his head put on backwards. Frank was a weird project, used a lawn tractor transaxle with 3 speed and reverse. Motor needed to sit on backwards to match trans rotation. Used Fuji Robin 6.5hp motor I got from Bob Anderson ( manager of Bonham corp). Frank is going to the UVU Auto Expo this weekend.

Last edited:
Most of these old pictures came from Bob Anderson. There was very little informatiom out there on the later products from Bonham Corp. So little, we used to call it 'the lost years'. We started taking tote gotes to car shows. Bob Anderson came up to us and said he was the manager of Bonham Corp after the Bonham's had sold it. He said he had some pictures and invited us to his home to see them. He had hundreds of pictures from the 'lost years' and let us take them and scan them. Thanks Bob

Richard, is that your dune gote in the above pic? i've never seen those front forks before. they look alot diffrnt then the others. did you build that 3 wheeler from different bikes? it looks like you did a good job

My brother had a Dune Gote with a Briggs Raptor on it. That thing was very fast. He should have never got rid of it. It had a brake band on each side of the rear diff and two brake handles. (not sure if this was stock) You could lock one tire up and turn so sharp. It was pretty fun.

Good score!

I have this same model dune gote in a very glittery green color mine has the ape handle bars and the large rack on the rear but I had no idea what it was when I first got it and mounted a built Kohler 399cc two stroke off a snowmobile on it it's a wild machine that's for sure