Bonham tote gote M665 serial #609

Hello everyone, first time poster, glad I found this place! I've been searching for information on a new item I picked up, a model 665 Bonham tote gote, serial #609. I don't know where to begin looking for parts, I haven't attempted to start it, it is missing an air filter &housing (a rag was stuffed in the hole), it has a plug in it, it pulls over just fine &has spark (I cleaned things up before I pulled the engine over to see if it was seized up or not). It's missing a kill switch, muffler, throttle cable &lever, the front tire has a big crack. I've pulled the carb &cleaned it up, oiled the chains up, but I really dont know where to begin when it comes to finding parts for this. Any advice on what to look for, or where to find parts like carburetors, belts &such would be great. I've attached a picture that I took of the bike the day I brought it home.
Thanks again!
-Gordon

Attachments

Thank you very much for the replies &info guys, I appreciate it. Richard, your tote gotes look great! I hope to eventually get mine close to that! When I got it, I knew nothing about it, didn't even know what it was, I found the tag that said bonham &started searching. Davis, the inside of the tank is clean looking with no apparent holes, I think I lucked out there. The plug wire is frayed off (no connector to snap onto the plug) so I need to find one of those.
Thanks again fellas, I think this is going to be a fun "quarantine" project. I know my 12 year old son is pretty excited about it!

old shed finds

Thanks! Overall she wasn't in that bad of condition, still looking for a new coil though. I've ordered a throttle, new brake lever &cable, some carb parts, and some red paint to finish it in.
Hey... Sometimes you can get a old plug wire and unbend the part off it and install it on your plug wire yours should have steel core inside the wire.

old shed finds

You need to keep in touch on this...
Your front tire is just a 8" trailer tire.
The belt for the drive can be found on Ebay.
And its worth it to pull wheels apart and fresh grease the axle bearings you will find a very heavy duty needle bearing set of bearings in the hubs.
Our reliable weekend camping rider gets this grease job every few months.

Attachments

You need to keep in touch on this...
Your front tire is just a 8" trailer tire.
The belt for the drive can be found on Ebay.
And its worth it to pull wheels apart and fresh grease the axle bearings you will find a very heavy duty needle bearing set of bearings in the hubs.
Our reliable weekend camping rider gets this grease job every few months.
Thank you for the advice! Will do! I haven't pulled the rear wheel off yet, but the front I noticed was packed with grease, had a bolt and sleeve, all greased up as well. I plan on cleaning it all &applying some fresh grease before putting it all back together. Thanks again! Btw, nice looking bike!

old shed finds

Thank you for the advice! Will do! I haven't pulled the rear wheel off yet, but the front I noticed was packed with grease, had a bolt and sleeve, all greased up as well. I plan on cleaning it all &applying some fresh grease before putting it all back together. Thanks again! Btw, nice looking bike!
Oh... Ha Ha.... Its just a Getabout... A Bike I take along for everyone to ride painted in brown metallic paint...

Oh... Ha Ha.... Its just a Getabout... A Bike I take along for everyone to ride painted in brown metallic paint...
It's neat! Perfect for that. That's basically why I'm fixing up the tote goat, for camping, for my 12 year old son to cruise around the trails around our house, stuff like that. He started showing interest in motorbikes, go karts, etc...so I thought this might be a fun bike to learn on.

old shed finds

Great hobby! Those are nice looking machines, have fun &enjoy the ride!
The biggest topic is your 665 there is nothing like a tote gote with its original engine pulling it...
We have a Nova and a 671 and wanting to take them out next ours are both Tecumseh powered.
There is 6 in our collection and the mini gote is absolutely fun...
But keep contact on your progress. .

Waiting on a new tube for the front tire, and some other odds &ends. Putting her back together now. I had thought of getting a new engine...something fresh, but this one had its original engine, I figured why not give it a try! Dang you have a nice collection of them! What a blast!

Attachments