Boonie Build

hitman

Ok so I got two other bikes for my boys to ride so I can tear down the boonie now. I just got the freshly machined crank from Yellow hand. Mark I can not thank you enough. Here is what I intend to build. I have a Honda GX240 (8 hp) engine that I am going to put back together. I do not intend to "overbuild" it right off the bat. Its basically going to stay stock minus the low oil cut off. I intend to build the boonie using a 8" JR. dragster tire, minus the fenders etc. I want it to have the look of, if there were a Jr. Drag class for mini's, this would be it. I intend to include a more classic styling of a stripped down Lakes modified ford. Should hopefully be a cool little ride. I have a friend who is getting out racing quarter midgets and is selling me a bunch of parts. Fuel tank, brakes, exhaust etc etc. My question for the experts. I intend to use a some sort of TAVII. I went to the MFG supply site and they have a 340 series clutch designed for JR. Dragsters. Is this what I need? Again, looking at from a styling point of view VS. performance. I would prefer to not have the crappy plastic snap on cover. Any suggestions for clutch/TAV combos?

hitman

Maybe I should clarify...

I am looking for Clutch suggestions. MFG supply sells a commet 340 TAV. Their site states its for JR Dragsters up to 8 hp. (which seems odd)

Looking for anyone who can offer insight.

Thanks,

Hitman

From what I know the 340 is not like a TAV2 meaning it does not have all the mounting plate and cover. You need to fabricate or use an existing jackshaft.

Rated to 8HP, 3/4" belt, 5/8-3/4 inch Driver Bore, 6" Driven Unit, Large driver engagement range

TAV2
Rated to 8HP, 3/4" belt 3/4-1" Driver Bore, 6 or 7" Driven Unit, 2200RPM engagement. Comes with mounting plate.

And of course the gear ratios each one provides is different.

richs

hitman iterested in selling any origenal parts your not using I need origenal brake and jackshaft even the shifter
:drinkup:

Hey Hitman

Just run a Tav-2 it will work fine. I had one with my boonie and HM100 and i had no problems. I also run a Tav-2 on my Powell with HM100 (BB Tecumseh 10hp) it works great!

Josh

hitman

hitman iterested in selling any origenal parts your not using I need origenal brake and jackshaft even the shifter
:drinkup:
Sorry dude, I bought my frame out of the junk yard. It didn't come with any of the parts you are looking for. I have the go-cart galaxy 5/8 jack shaft kit. I did luck out with the original jack shaft bracket still on the bike. I may deep six the rear fender. I also have a original front tire if you are interested.

Josh, how does the TAV II work with the jack shaft?