Boostdoctor's open class "Smoking Doodle"!!

MB165

how are you gonna start it?

Hope you dont get mad with me putting these pictures in your build, but I always had a heck of a time getting mine to start, so had this little compression release thingy put in.....might be something you need?.

Last edited:
Alright guys I have been slacking on this project. Next week I will be back in high gear. I have to get this finished. My plan is to do a 3rd bearing support for the clutch. Similar to a jr dragster.

OK guys time to get back on the grind. I ordered a used Polaris crank today. I'm going to cut the clutch side off and HOPEFULLY machine it to fit my cr500 crank. I think I have everthing in order. Just waiting on the crank to come.

Here's the start of my clutch install. This is a pic of a factory gear(as it looked in the beginning) and a pic of the finished gear. I achieved this by grinding it while spinning in the lathe. The sparks were flying!!!!!

Polaris crank came in today. I cut the "clutch" side off with the chop-saw. My lathe has too much run-out to machine the splined coupling to fit, so I will wait until my buddy can do it for me.

fistfullabar

Dr. B while im no fan of the doodles this engine will be supremely fresh and on the cutting edge of crazy please hurry as the waiting is killing me:grind::hammer::scooter::thumbsup: