Boostdoctor's open class "Smoking Doodle"!!

My goal is to have the minibike 1/8th mile record by the end of the build off. It should be within reach if I keep this pace up.
Good luck!

You should have bought my old bike....

And there is some ideas for where to put bracing. You will need at least one vertical bar once you figure out where the drivetrain will sit.

Good luck!

You should have bought my old bike....

And there is some ideas for where to put bracing. You will need at least one vertical bar once you figure out where the drivetrain will sit.
Nice bike. Man, I'm just trying to make use of all this stuff laying around my shop. So far, I only have $200 in my build and that's including the purchase of the bike. I'm trying to keep this build under $1500. Smh. I'm a cheap mofo....or should I just say a broke mofo. lol

Nice bike. Man, I'm just trying to make use of all this stuff laying around my shop. So far, I only have $200 in my build and that's including the purchase of the bike. I'm trying to keep this build under $1500. Smh. I'm a cheap mofo....or should I just say a broke mofo. lol
You could have bought that bike for less than that...

Before laying out any more tube, I would figure out where the drivetrain is going to sit. I had to move a couple tubes from not doing that.
Yeah Stang, I thought about that. I think I'm through with bracing for now. That should be plenty strong. The motor will stiffen the front. There's plenty of room for the motor and clutch, but I hope I can get the pipe to snake through the back-middle as well. that's the reason I have the v-shaped brace in the middle(and not a tube going straight down). The pipe will have a 5 1/2" diameter. smh

whoa bro ya killing it and truly reseting the bar on the single speed engine its so frankinstien im dying to see that motor fire up:bowdown::bowdown:
Thanks man. I really didn't want to take the easy way out and use the whole dirtbike motor. I wanted this project to form and function just as a stock minibike would. Turn the gas and go. I also didn't want a Harley looking drag frame for the same reason. I wish I could work faster, but I need more parts and unfortunately I have more time than money. smh But it should be ready within 2 months.

MB165

Oh man I wanna see this one run. :thumbsup:
do you still have the old gears and such? Are you running an origional conn rod or did you have to go to the long rod? when I redid mine I had to get the newer rod, hence a 4mm spacer plate between the cyl. and cases. yuk for that origoinal killer blast of open power, its stilla handfull though:scooter:

Oh man I wanna see this one run. :thumbsup:
do you still have the old gears and such? Are you running an origional conn rod or did you have to go to the long rod? when I redid mine I had to get the newer rod, hence a 4mm spacer plate between the cyl. and cases. yuk for that origoinal killer blast of open power, its stilla handfull though:scooter:
Don't really have much gears and such. My turbo cr500 was destroying 5th gear dogs. I'm using a short rod for now bc I have one in excellent condition. I have a long rod kit too that I havnt used yet. Did you get the Cometic spacer or did you machine your own?

MB165

I went all the way getting a pro x long rod installed, then found crank works.com, they make a custom forged 138mm rod! Im saving up for that rod instead, the cases are still split, I have replaced the gearset and alot of bearings, when I had it out last summmer it made alot of bearing rumble, and burned up all the gearbox oil through a bad crank seal. the head is out getting a compression release installed from a guy in ILL too.

Don't really have much gears and such. My turbo cr500 was destroying 5th gear dogs. I'm using a short rod for now bc I have one in excellent condition. I have a long rod kit too that I havnt used yet. Did you get the Cometic spacer or did you machine your own?