Boostdoctor's open class "Smoking Doodle"!!

This is the beginning of one crazy project. I will be using a cr500 motor with the trans removed. A snowmo cvt is going on and the frame will be stretched 18" (I think). For now I'm thinking a double frame rail on the bottom and 1 extra rail up top....and a lot of bracing. My main focus will be drag racing with this project. My goal is to run 6.xx in the eighth.

......let the cutting and welding begin!!!!!

I still havnt figured out how to post a pic properly. Do I need to load the pic in my album first. I know Yoop is about to get on me about that pic.

nice!

i use photobucket for all my pics... i was going to enter a doodlebug and one more too... but i had already modified the front forks before the contest opened... may still join in just for fun though... gotta read the rules again

LCS, enter it.

Boostdoctor, I don't think you will need that much bracing, but yeah, more than just original tubes. On my build last year, I used 1" 095" thick lower rails to increase the strength over the stock 7/8" 083" stock tube. Weighs less than doubling the lower rails.

Going to be watching this build! :thumbsup:

LCS, enter it.

Boostdoctor, I don't think you will need that much bracing, but yeah, more than just original tubes. On my build last year, I used 1" 095" thick lower rails to increase the strength over the stock 7/8" 083" stock tube. Weighs less than doubling the lower rails.

Going to be watching this build! :thumbsup:
I'm afraid that the vibration will ruin the frame if it's not beefed up properly....and I also need the bike to track straight when loaded on the drag strip. A beefed-up frame will go a long way with that. My son is only 120lbs, so I don't mind adding 15lbs of tubing for safety. I'm excited about this . I gotta get some 7/8th tubing ordered.

I'm afraid that the vibration will ruin the frame if it's not beefed up properly....and I also need the bike to track straight when loaded on the drag strip. A beefed-up frame will go a long way with that. My son is only 120lbs, so I don't mind adding 15lbs of tubing for safety. I'm excited about this . I gotta get some 7/8th tubing ordered.
Your vibration will be more of a buzz. My 390 shook the bike.

Just making a suggestion to help keep the weight down some. Lighter is faster...

Your vibration will be more of a buzz. My 390 shook the bike.

Just making a suggestion to help keep the weight down some. Lighter is faster...
If get a "buzz" out of this project, I will be ecstatic. lol

I appreciate your help too.....and everybody else who will contribute to this project.

I think I might hack the tranny today.:biggrin:

CarPlayLB

If get a "buzz" out of this project, I will be ecstatic. lol

I appreciate your help too.....and everybody else who will contribute to this project.

I think I might hack the tranny today.:biggrin:
"Tranny hacking" is illegal in California and parts of Louisiana..please be discreet, but we need some pics of that!