Bore Out Baja Dirt Bug Engine

I just sent away for a jackshaft, think that will help? Eventually I will put a 6.5hp but for now I want a little more go from it but not too much as kids are riding it

gbabins1

The jackshaft will allow you to gear it for more bottom end. If kids are riding it'll be good with the JS. If you start riding it more you'll want the 6.5 on that baby:thumbsup:

ya, I would love to put in the 6.5hp now, but figure I'll start with the Jackshaft.
If I loosen the screw at the bottom of the engine will I get a little more juice out of it as well or is there a chance to blow the engine?

gbabins1

As long as you don't mess with the gov. / linkage you should be fine. That screw limits the amount of throttle that can be applied.

gbabins1

The gov. is internal..... but if you mess with the governor arm you run the risk of the engine maxing out at a higher RPM than is was made to do. Which could explode between you legs. :scared:

i'd like to keep the boys where they are...but if I loosen the spring a little can I get a bit more power, I also ordered the jackshaft, so between the two I should get something, before upgrading to a 6.5hp

gbabins1

If you're not ready to upgrade to the 6.5 yet.....I would just use the jackshaft. :wink:Later when you're ready to 6.5 it, you can use the JS on the clone too